A Few Heads Later...

[Ges] That is a severe understatement. I'm surprised they didn't hear us...

Grunts talking...

[A.Q.U.A Grunt 1] Bahahahaha, this was easy as pie!

[A.Q.U.A Grunt 2] I know right?! There were none of those creepy crawlies, only puny commonfolk.

A Grunt 2] I know right?! There were none of those creepy crawlies, only puny commonfolk

[A.Q.U.A Grunt 3] Refusal to join us...never ends well...

As Grunt 3 hoisted a bloodied body bag, the group erupted into laughter, their voices echoing through the area like a pack of hyenas savoring a fresh kill. Ges's expression turned smug as she looked at the bags, suspecting they held the remains of innocent victims.

[Ges] They need to be stopped...and I'll be the one to do it.

[Mitsuru] H-Huh...wait...no...t-they look tough...

[Ges] So you think I can't handle them?

[Mitsuru] T-There's s-six of them...o-one of you...

[Ges] Okay, then watch.

As Ges emerges from behind the tree, Mitsuru grabs her arm, desperately trying to prevent her from hurting herself. The group's collective gaze fixes on Ges, their smirks betraying a sense of arrogance. One of the men, towering over Ges with his slim yet muscular frame and slick-backed dirty blonde hair, walks forward.

[Ges] Hey.

[Mitsuru] Shiitake...shiitake...s-shiitake...! I-If I said sh⚝t aloud...I-I know Caesar would give me n-noogies...b-but what is she doing...?!

[A.Q.U.A Grunt 4] Lost darling~?

[Ges] *arms crossed* Nope, this is right where I wanna be.

[A.Q.U.A Grunt 4] Don't be like that, babyyy. What's the matter~?

[Ges] One: Don't talk to me like that, ew. Two: What's in the bags?

[A.Q.U.A Grunt 4] Hmmph, stuff. None of it pertains to you.

[Ges] It does, actually.

Ges pulls out the marine ID from her pocket and flashes it in front of the grunt's face. His playful expression quickly changes into one of seriousness as he squints at the ID, recognizing its significance.

[A.Q.U.A Grunt 4] Guys, this is a bust! We have an ensign here, with no uniform.

[A.Q.U.A Grunt 2] Peculiar, isn't it?

[A.Q.U.A Grunt 4] No matter how beautiful you are, a job is a job. Our boss specifically said to eliminate individual marines on their own, especially those who do not conform to our..."lifestyle", unless you have a change of heart?

[Ges] Hmmm...

Ges casts a discerning gaze over the group, her enhanced observation haki granting her insight into how strong they are. She came to the conclusion that they aren't any more skilled than a group of bountyless pirates, and she senses their ill intent looming palpably in the air.