Chapter 8: The Night of War

"Keep the destruction of buildings and infrastructure to a minimum. There's a chance some civilians still haven't evacuated; if you find any, evacuate them," Principal Yaga instructed as he turned toward us.

With the vast expanse of the Shinjuku area, it was impossible to evacuate everyone quickly. There were bound to be civilians who hadn't evacuated yet.

"Are you listening, Satoru?" Yaga specifically addressed Gojo.

Gojo, capable of easily dispatching all the curses with his area-of-effect technique, was ordered to refrained from using his cursed technique as per the principal's instructions. The destruction of infrastructure would be inevitable if he did so, unless absolutely necessary.

"There are two people who look like trouble," Gojo remarked, disregarding Yaga's words as he fixed his gaze in a certain direction.

Shiki, noticing Gojo's attention, followed his gaze and spotted three individuals standing on a distant building.

Among them was a male foreigner, accompanied by two females. Shiki's interest was piqued by one of the women with glowing red eyes. Though she felt a sense of familiarity in the woman's gaze, she chose to ignore it and maintained her stare.

...

On the distance building.

"I see. That bandaged guy," the male foreigner broke the silence, his tone carrying a hint of intrigue.

"Yes. We'll take on the rest," said the light-haired female, addressing the foreigner with a nod. "I've said this many times, but..."

Before she could finish, the male foreigner cut in, his voice confident "I know. We're only stalling them, right? Let's just take it easy and have some fun until Geto finishes his job."

The other female, Asagami, her expression serious, interjected with a warning. "Also, be careful with the girl beside him, the one in the kimono. Geto-sama ordered me to investigate her background, but it seems she's the same type of person as that infamous Sorcerer killer."

"Really?" The male foreigner's curiosity was evident in his voice.

"Yeah, but..." Asagami hesitated, struggling to articulate her unease.

"I don't know how to say this, but...she's weird," she finally admitted, casting a wary glance in Shiki's direction.

"Weird how exactly?"

"She just gives off a strange vibe," Asagami replied, recalling the unsettling way Shiki had stared down at the corpse the other day. "Anyway, just make sure to watch your back around her."

...

Back on the ground.

Shiki is quietly stare down at them. but her was quickly disturb by someone calling for gojo

Shiki stood silently, her gaze fixed on the trio in the distance, but her concentration was interrupted by someone calling for Gojo.

"Gojo-san! I have a report!" the man, Ichijou Kiyotaka, approached Gojo with urgency evident in his voice.

"I know this isn't the best time, but I thought it wise to speak up sooner. It's about the investigation into Okkotsu-kun that you previously requested," Ichijou explained, his voice slightly muffled by the distance.

Shiki strained to hear the conversation, but the murmurs from the bustling crowd made it difficult to catch every word.

Shiki watched as Gojo's expression shifted, his focus now on the urgent report brought by Ichijou.