Chapter 10: Ryougi Shiki vs Asagami Fujino (Part 2)

In the dimly lit room, the moon was the only source of light.

A figure appeared in the darkness. She had pale, almost see-through skin, stretched thin over her bony frame, the blindfold wrapped around her eyes, she looked more like a corpse than a living, breathing being.

The cold floor felt unforgiving beneath girl's feet, while the faint scuttling of rats added to the eerie silence. Trapped in a cage, she was a solitary figure, her silhouette barely discernible against the darkness.

Curled into herself, she seemed to shrink, as if wishing to vanish entirely.

Underneath the blindfold, her once vibrant eyes were now empty voids, robbed of their light and life. They stared into nothingness.

Her hair hung disheveled around her face, her clothes, tattered offered little protection against the biting cold.

'Mama...'

'Papa...'

'Am I a mistake'

This thought had been echoing in Fujino's mind ever since she trapped in this cage. It was a whisper that haunted her during quiet moments, a question that gnawed her sense of self-worth.

"I just want to live like a normal human being," she whispered into the void, her words lost to the empty expanse of the room.

The words heavy with longing and despair.

"Then do you want to come with me"

Voice.

She heard a voice.

Warmth flooded into the room with that voice.

A hand gently stroked her head, a gesture she hadn't felt in what seemed like an eternity.

However, as her fingers traced the outline of his hand, she notices the wet sensation on the hand, not just that but also the unmistakable smell of iron, mixed with the metallic scent that still lingered in the air.

It was unmistakeable—It was the scent of blood.

A shiver ran down her spine, but instead of revulsion, an inexplicable calm washed over her. In that moment, nothing else mattered.

Not the blood staining her skin nor the faint metallic scent in the air. There was only the sensation of his hands.

Overwhelmed with emotion, tears welled up in Fujino's eyes as she slowly uttered her words.

"P-Please... take me away," she whispered, her voice trembling with longing.

And as she closed her eyes, surrendering to the sensation of his hands.

It was Asagami Fujino's one and only wish.

.

.

.

.

.

Shiki looked at her now twisted arm.

"Sigh..." Despite the discomfort, Shiki's smile never disappeared.

Shiki knew she had to be careful, but she couldn't deny the thrill that coursed through her. There was something exhilarating about facing someone with such a unique and powerful ability.

Peeking through the window, Shiki observed Fujino's position.

From her vantage point, she could see that Fujino staggered a bit and appeared to be breathing heavily.

Suddenly, Shiki noticed a line of red liquid running from the edge of Fujino's eye. It was a small detail, but it sparked a realization in Shiki's mind.