The criminals

Part - II

"Why did you do that?". Caspian aksed Charlotte.
Charlotte, who was looking out of the window, turned to face him..

"What?", she asked.

"I said, what have you done to diana.. where is she?", it wasn't a genuine question, nor of surprise.. he was investigating her..

"What do you mean?, I did nothing to her..", on the other hand Charlotte was genuinely confused about the way he asked the question..

" I'll give you a chance. Explain to me.. everything.", He said.

"And why do you think I will do that?", she said, in her sassy queen voice.

*Huh* Caspian chuckled..

Her smile fades away.

"What was there to laugh about? Huh?", she almost shouted.

"Tone.", his smile disappeared,with angry eyes and hint of annoyance.., he gestured with his hand to lower her voice.

"Don't make us torture you. We have all kinds for that. Burn, beat, monsters, hypnotize, poison." He said while counting on his fingers.

She was just staring at him.
Thinking how pathetic her life has become.. that she has to fear a low life solider..

"I am a queen. And I am not going to obey your commands." She said and started looking out of the window..

"You have lost the position now.. so called queen", he said mocking her..

"Well, if you don't want to co-operate.. then it's fine..", he says, taking a cigarette out of his pocket and burn it.

Inhaling deep into it and releasing some smoke..

"Mayer family's talented and gifted son, Evan Mayer. Did not even bother to come and check up on his family.", Caspian said.

"Why do you think that is?", he said..

"What did you do to my son?", Charlotte shouts in rage..

Caspian chuckled.

"Stop laughing and tell me." She shouts, her face flushed with anger, and her fists clenched tightly.

" I said watch your tone. If you Raise your voice again. ", he pointed his finger towards her.
"I won't hesitate."
He said.

Her expressions switch, and her gaze soften..
She realised what he is saying is true..
He can do whatever he want..

And on the other hand..
Why didn't Evan came to rescue them..

"Tell me everything what happened there at Mayer mansion. Then I'll consider telling you about Evan.", Caspian said and sat with comfort. Letting her decide what she wants..

"Fine." She closes her eyes..brushing her hand through her red hair..

"So listen..
It all started when.. I noticed her being strange.. she used to close herself inside her room.., I had a servant who used to watch her daily, but she said it was her usual routine..
So I did nothing.." she waited..
"One day, We got an event notice.. our family was supposed to be chief guests, and on the same day mina fell from the stairs, she was hospitalized, I couldn't trust anyone other than her in case of Diana.. so I took her with me to the event..",
She looked out of the window.
That was her biggest mistake..