Chapter 90: Sacrificing 10,000 years of Freya's lifespan?

Chapter 90: Freya: "What do you mean by 'Sacrificing 10,000 years of Freya's lifespan'?"

'Bang——'

"A bunch of idiots!"

Within the 'Man-Made Dungeon Knossos,' Dix Perdix, the captain of the Ikelos Familia, was currently in a fit of rage.

He was dressed in a full set of leather armor, with goggles on his face and a magic spear in his hand.

An aura of 'violence' faintly emanated from his body.

"A Level 3 and three Level 2 adventurers went to capture two Level 1 rookies, and they still failed? What's more, they even went missing! What use are you all?!"

Looking at these 'underlings' in front of him, Dix was almost pissed off.

Their target was in the open, and they were in the dark; they also had the advantage in numbers, and their levels were even higher.

Yet, they still failed.

Those guys were simply idiots, good-for-nothing fools!

However, what angered Dix wasn't their failure but the possibility of them exposing information about him.

That would be a real problem.

Their target was from Freya Familia, the strongest Familia in Orario, having the only Level 7 adventurer, not to mention several Level 6 and Level 5 members.

With his meager strength, he would be nothing but cannon fodder.

He almost hated these bastards to death now.

"Dix, they shouldn't have found out anything. After all, in the Dungeon, killing and looting are commonplace. Besides, at the scene, except for Gran, everyone else was dead."

"What about Gran?"

"Uh... maybe a monster ate his body..."

'Bang——'

Hearing his underling's words, Dix's veins bulged slightly.

He stepped forward and kicked the idiot away, sending him flying.

"He could have been captured alive! And that idiot had a 'key'!!!"

This was the point that worried him the most.

The key, the only thing that could allow entry into the 'Knossos.'

The gates connecting the 'Dungeon' and the 'Knossos' were all made of 'Orichalcum', which had an extremely high resistance to magic.

It was almost impossible to break them with magic.

Not only that, but 'Orichalcum' itself was also an extremely hard metal, difficult to break with ordinary methods.

The only way to open them was through the direct descendants of the 'Daedalus Family'.

The curse in their bloodline was also the 'key' to open the gates.

Dix Perdix, however, had found another way.

He extracted the eyeballs from the corpses of deceased members of the Daedalus family and crafted them into 'keys', which could also be used to open the gates.

And now, one key was lost.

If someone discovers its secrets, the 'Man-Made Dungeon Knossos' would no longer be safe.

"Go to Orario immediately and keep an eye on this Ethan. If he shows any signs of approaching the 'Man-Made Dungeon Knossos,' report back immediately!"

"Yes, Boss!"