17. Hunger issues

I laid on my couch, staring at Doshi who was floating around above me.

"Doshi?"

"Hm? Yes?"

"Do you think I can make friends?"

Doshi stopped and looked at me.

"N/n. Are you doubting yourself?"

"But Doshi, just-"

"Are you doubting yourself?" she interrupted me sternly.

I sighed.

"I guess I am, but-"

"Then don't."

"I know you can do it, N/n. Of course you can."

I was grateful for her, but today, I couldn't even feel an ounce of sympathy for either Midoriya or Bakugo, when I feel like I should've. It made me wonder if I really could be the kind person I wanted to be.

"It won't come to you just like that, N/n. It's been a long time since you haven't had to worry about leaving people, so of course it's going to take time."

'I guess you're right, Doshi.'

"Of course I am! I always am!"

I chuckled and looked at her. She could always cheer me up, and she supported me in anything I did. To be honest, I couldn't remember the last time we had an argument. It must have been more than two hundred years ago. No but, what could I really do without her? I sometimes just felt the need to say how much I appreciate her, although, I know she knows.

"I love you, Doshi." She smiled at me.

"I love you too, N/n."

***

The next morning, I was unusually grumpy. Why? I had run out of food, none of the stores were open yet, and I didn't know where any convenience stores where but that one from... yeah.

So, when I was walking to school, I looked like I someone had just burnt down my house and killed my spouse.

When I was nearing the school, I heard this commotion, which just got on my nerves even more.

As I had predicted, at the school gates stood a crowd of reporters, blocking the path for all the students. They had been here since the first day of school, but they were unusually many today.

"TELL US ABOUT ALL MIGHT!" The reporters shouted at the students trying to make their way through the gates.

'Ain't no way I'm dealing with this shit today.'

When I where behind a bush where no one could see me, I teleported to one of the not-in-function toilet stalls where I knew no one would be. From there, I walked through the school's endless corridors until I finally got to the classroom. When I slid the door open, I walked to my seat and sat down, dropping my bag beside the desk.

The donkey looked at me expectantly, while I just ignored him. I thought that was enough to make him leave me be, but no. He just had to be dumb.

"Feeling grumpy today, birdie?" Denki grinned.

"This moron can't take a hint."

"I'm not in the mood today, Kaminari." I growled.

Taken aback, Denki chuckled awkwardly, yet he still had the nerve to talk.

"Oh- come on darling, what got you so moody-?"