CHAPTER 20

ON THE OTHER SIDE

THIRD PERSON'S POV 
Suku was walking back and forth oscillating like a pendulum. (simple oscillations) 
"Why don't you sit, your legs will hurt after this much exercise. 
 If you walked like this in a straight line then you must have reached outside Delhi. 
Sanjay said being nonchalant of what Suku was thinking or doing. 

"Oh shut up dickhead. Do you even have any idea what must be happening there," 
Ravi speaks clearly showing how desperate and angry she is. 

"Love birds must be enjoying themselves unlike me stuck with a human monkey." 
Sanjay said showing no discrepancy. 

"Shut up!! I know that Didi wants to tell something to jiju or maybe wants to ask something, but that is not the issue. the issue is it may lead to arguments or differences between them. That's not what we want."
Suku said showing her concern. 

"Well you are right, but do you know that sometimes we need to leave things the way they are and let ourselves  go with the flow because if god has led us till here he will lead further."
Sanjay speaks trying to make Suku understand and ease her tension. 

"Hush" Suku sighed heavily.

Sanjay guesses that something is not right with Suku.
Even though he was hesitant to ask, he let out his intrusive thoughts and asked Suku about what she was thinking so deeply.
Suku was fighting her inner turmoil and replied hesitantly.

"You know what I and Didi always used to wonder what actual marriage looks like  we grew up reading romance novels and different types of novels and always imagined our future husband to resemble our fictional men."
Suku paused for some seconds and then continued.

"Arjun jiju is the perfect man a woman can ask for but Didi is insecure we have seen marriages break apart. We have seen people continue relationships even though they are not happy for the sake of society children family and whatnot."
Sanjay tried to say something but stopped himself and let Suku speak.

"You know what Sanjay we are always told from birth that a woman's life revolves around the men around us before marriage is the father, after marriage is the husband we have to listen to them no matter what nothing matters in front of the family, not our dreams, not our ambitions, not our wishes is not our choices. And a true woman must sacrifice herself for the family and the children we know what sacrifices mean we know that they are important but why only us why not anyone else? Why only we as daughters, or as sisters, or as a wife need to listen."
A tear left Suku's eyes but Sanjay picked that drop in his fingers as if they were some precious diamonds.

"Suku I don't know what future holes are for you but trust me for me you matter that choices matter your wishes matter. Everything that is linked to you matters. Trust me when I say this it is only you who wish that should matter for you it is only you who can change your destiny not me not your parents not in one else it's only you and first me you are strong you are a warrior you can do it. Just trust yourself hold your hand and say heck with it I will do it and take the leap. That leap that will take you towards your dreams.
Sanjay said holding sincerity and respect for Suku in his eyes. But there was something more that he didn't know.

( But the author knows it's love)

Both were sitting there for very long looking at each other no more words exchanged only eyes having some conversation silently.
Their trance was disturbed by the voice of a man.
The man was

" Hey guys what is happening you know me and Ravi enjoyed it a lot and thanks to you both"

Arjun said approaching Suku and Sanjay

" Well, we are glad that you both enjoyed it."
Sanjay and Suku said in unison.
The three of them shared some laughter.

" Well suku you should go to Ravi she should not be left alone."
Arjun said getting worried.

" Yes jiju I am going, bye-bye and good night to both of you."
Suku said smiling and looking at Sanjay showing something more in her eyes.
 Arjun was keen to notice both of them and when Suku left, he asked Sanjay about what happened behind his back. To which Sanjay replied saying
" Nothing yaarr that annoying lizard just irritated me that's it let's go to sleep. Good night."
Sanjay said fake yawning.

NEXT DAY

Today is the mehndi ceremony on this day none of the ladies work only the men do the housework.

(WELL NOT IN ALL PARTS OF INDIA DOES THE GROOM APPLY MEHNDI THEREFORE I WILL GO WITH THE RITUAL I KNOW IT IS WHERE THE GROOM DOES NOT APPLY MEHNDI TO HIS HANDS,) 

All the Mehndi artist are called and all are ready to get henna on their hands. 
Women are dressed in simple attires made of cotton as the heavy lehngas will be worn at night. 
The dulhan applies henna on her legs and hands therefore she is in simple shorts so that her leg can be filled with henna easily. In the room where women apply henna, the men are not allowed to enter. They only enter to serve food or to feed them. 

While they were applying henna Ravi questioned Suku about the pre-applied and dried henna in her hands, to which Suku replied that it was to help Ravi with anything and everything that her sister needs.  
Ravi completely adored  Suku showing her love for her sister and wanted to hug her but the henna in her hands stopped her. 

After the henna was applied all left towards their room to let the henna dry and get ready for the function at night. 

Ravi was almost ready to leave towards her room but someone pulled her towards a corner and he was none other than our Arjun. Well, no one else can dare to do this as Arjun will chop off their head. 

"SHH don't make noise. It's me love."
Arjun said whispering just near her ear. His hot breath hit Ravi's neck making a shiver run down her spine. Her breaths were heavy due to their closeness and fear of being caught. Even though they are about to get married still she is shy to let anyone see them like this.
"Arjun, what are you doing.?"
Ravi asked stuttering trying to form a complete sentence.

"Well show me. your hand I wanna do something."
Arjun said trying to grab Ravi's hand, which she forwarded gladly.

He picked up the henna cone and started to write his name and her name together in a heart.
And did the same thing in his palm.
" Now we both have each other's name together in our palm. Now no one can separate us."
Arjun said showing his palm to Ravi like a little kid showing his new toy. 

"It's beautiful." 
Ravi said admiring the beautiful little art her would-be husband created. 

"But now please go," Ravi said pleading.

"Kaha jaye ham meri jaan?" ( where should I go my life) 
 Arjun asked smirking looking teasingly in her eyes. 

"Jaha jana hain jao yaha se jaao bas."
Ravi said fearfully of being caught.

"AAp kahe toh ham jahunum main bhi chale jaye merri jan." ( if you say I will go to hell) 

Arjun speaks directly and deeply into Ravi's eyes, leaving a small peck on her forehead.
He left slowly after this. 
but here Ravi was standing like a statue, trying to process what happened just now.  
But she just smiled and left towards her room to prepare for the night. 

TO BE CONTINUED.....

I THOUGHT THAT I WILL COMPLETE THE MEHNDI SCENE IN THIS CHAPTER BUT IT IS ALREADY 1500 WORDS SO I WILL COMPLETE IN NEXT CHAPTER AND ALSO I MAY NOT UPLOAD FOR 2 DAYS AS THERE IS SOME ISSUE WITH LAPTOP AND IT IS TOUGH TO WRITE WITH MOBILE. PLEASE EXCUSE ME FOR TWO DAYS.