𓊈 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝟎𝟖 𓊉

⚠︎ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE ⚠︎

"We're family, right?"

Hong asked again, this time sounding sadder, which put the redhead and the prince on alert, who crouched down to his height as Cale was.

"Yes we are"

The one with brown hair responded, he didn't even know why, he simply did it as a reflex to calm the little one down.

'Idiot, don't lie to the poor child!'

"Hong, you two and my siblings are the cutest children I have ever seen, but I am not your family, but I can be your friend-"

Cale was stopped by Hong, who screamed with tears in his eyes.

"No! I want you to be my family, you saved my sister and me, you gave us food and- and now Roksu will also give us a roof, that's what family does, right?"

The little boy was now crying while he was being hugged tightly by his sister, the panic in Cale's eyes was evident.

"Shh... you can cry, it's okay"

The prince hugged the two siblings while looking at Cale doubtfully, mutely uttering a few words.

"They are children"

'I know that, fucking prince! But...'

Cale can't lie to them, they will probably never see each other again, how can he make this child believe that they are family when he will probably never see him again? He can't do that to a child, not again.

'He's too adorable a brat, crying doesn't do him any good'

"Hong, look at me please"

There was patience and love in the words of Cale, who caressed the boy's head, the little boy's sister looked at him with sobbing eyes as he walked away from his brother and Roksu, but to whom the words were directed denied looking at him.

"Hong..."

Cale approached Roksu's shoulder, where Hong's head was, and stroked it with his hand a few times until he noticed that the sobbing stopped.

"Hong, I'm going to tell you something, okay?"

The red-haired boy turned around, neither Cale nor Roksu liked how his little yellow eyes were now red inside.

"You, Roksu and your sister will go to the Capital which is very big, but then after that you will go far away to Roksu's home that is days away from here, and we will probably not be able to see each other again, that is why I wouldn't like you to think that I'm your family, because it's possible that we either rarely see each other or we may never see each other again."

Cale explained patiently, he would love to see him and his sister again, they were talking a lot on the way, these children were not well but at least they still had some joy and innocence in them.