♡CHAPTER 19 {Unexpected Morning}♡

Chapter 19: unexpected mornings

Noor woke up to the soft light of dawn filtering through the curtains. Her mind felt foggy, and for a moment, she struggled to remember where she was. The surroundings were unfamiliar, and a sense of unease washed over her.

As she blinked away the remnants of sleep, she became acutely aware of a warm, heavy weight around her. Her heart pounded as she realized someone’s arm was draped over her. Panic surged through her, and she jolted upright, pulling away. Turning, she saw Haidar's arm around her waist, holding her close.

She froze for a moment, her eyes widening in disbelief. Slowly, she turned her head and found Haidar already awake, his eyes fixed on her with a gentle, amused smile.

"Good morning," he said softly, his voice carrying a warmth that contrasted sharply with the turmoil inside her

Noor's initial shock quickly turned into anger. She tried to wriggle out of his grip, but Haidar's arm tightened around her, keeping her firmly in place. "Wh..hat are you..u doin..gg? Leave me." her voice trembling with a mix of fear and fury.

Haidar's smile faded slightly, replaced by a look of concern. "Noor, calm down. I’m not going to hurt you."

"What’s wrong?" He asked.

Noor's heart raced, her thoughts a jumble. She had fallen asleep on the sofa, but now she was in his bed. "How...how did I get here?" she asked, her voice shaky."

Haidar sighed, loosening his grip just enough for her to sit up, but still keeping a hold on her wrist. "You fell asleep on the sofa last night," he explained, his tone calm and measured. "I moved you to the bed so you could sleep comfortably." Holding her wrist.

"I said let go!" she repeated, her voice rising.

Noor pulled her wrist free and scrambled to the edge of the bed, glaring at him. "I don’t need your explanations," she snapped. "I don’t want to be here."

Haidar sat up, his expression turning serious. "I understand you’re upset, but try to understand you were not comfortable there."

She stared at him, a mix of confusion and anger flashing in her eyes. "You should have left me there," she said, her voice trembling. "I didn't want this."

Haidar’s jaw tightened, and he took a deep breath. "I’m not asking you to forget what happened. I’m asking you to give this a chance. To give us a chance."

Noor shook her head, her resolve unwavering. "You don't get to decide that for me. You’ve already taken so much from me. Just leave me alone."

She stood up, wrapping her arms around herself as if to shield against the emotional storm brewing inside her. Haidar watched her for a moment, a mixture of regret and determination in his eyes.