♡CHAPTER 20 {His touch}♡

Chapter 20: Blush and Fragrance

.............................

NOOR'S POV:

The morning passed in a blur of activities and chores. With Haidar and the men gone to work, the house felt quieter, almost too quiet. Noor busied herself with various tasks, trying to keep her mind off the lingering thoughts of Haidar. His unexpected gentleness, the way he had held her, and his subtle smiles had left her feeling confused and unsettled.

By early afternoon, Noor decided to take a break and headed to the garden. The garden was a sanctuary of sorts, filled with blooming flowers and the soothing sound of birds chirping. She found her favorite spot, a shaded bench under a large tree, and sat down, allowing herself to relax and enjoy the tranquility.

As she sat there, her thoughts inevitably drifted back to Haidar. She couldn't shake the memory of waking up in his arms, his warm presence making her feel oddly safe. Her heart raced at the thought, a slight blush coloring her cheeks.

Lost in her reverie, she didn't notice Jenny approaching until she heard her soft voice. "Mind if I join you, Noor?"

Noor looked up, smiling warmly. "Of course, Jenny Aunty. Please."

Jenny settled beside her, the two women sharing a comfortable silence for a few moments, simply enjoying the peaceful afternoon. Eventually, Jenny broke the silence, her tone casual yet probing. "You seem deep in thought. Something on your mind?"

Noor hesitated, unsure how to articulate the whirlwind of emotions inside her. She shrugged lightly, trying to downplay her feelings. "Just thinking about everything that's happened recently. It's a lot to take in."

Jenny nodded understandingly, her eyes filled with a knowing glint. "I can imagine. Things have been quite tumultuous." She paused, then asked more directly, "What are you thinking about Haidar?"

Noor's heart skipped a beat at the mention of his name. She glanced at Jenny, trying to gauge her intentions. Jenny's expression was gentle, encouraging her to open up.

"I don't know," Noor admitted, her voice soft. "He's...different. Not what I expected."

Jenny smiled, a hint of amusement in her eyes. "Different, indeed. I've known Haidar for many years, Noor. He's always been a man of few words, very controlled, almost stone-like. But since you've come into his life, I've seen a change in him."

Noor looked at her, curiosity piqued. "A change? How so?"

Jenny leaned back, her gaze thoughtful. "He's more open, more expressive. He smiles more, talks more. There's a softness in him that I've never seen before. It's clear that you've had a profound impact on him."

Noor felt a surge of emotions at Jenny's words. Could it be true? Had she really changed Haidar that much? She listened intently as Jenny continued.

"I've watched him for years, and he's always been so distant, so focused on his work. But with you, he's different. He cares for you deeply, Noor. You can see it in his eyes, in his actions. He's protective of you, and he values your happiness. It's as if he's found a reason to open his heart."

Noor's mind raced, Jenny's words echoing in her head. She remembered all the small gestures, the way Haidar had held her, the gentleness in his touch. Had she been blind to his feelings all this time?

"He loves you, Noor," Jenny said softly, her voice filled with conviction. "I truly believe that. And I think, deep down, you know it too. You've brought out a side of him that no one else has ever seen."