Chapter 51 - Blueballs

A/N Random question. If you could imagine meeting me, what type of person would you think I was? Like my personality, how I talk, what I would say... I just wanna know what my parallel universe thinks of me.

See you sooner rather than laters, baby.
------------

It's been almost two weeks, and I've been mustering up the courage to ask Effie to buy me a pregnancy test. I was going to do it when we got to District Four, and when we got there, I thought I could wait until Five. Well, we've just left Six and I still haven't asked.

I knew it was time. Lately, I've been feeling a little nauseous, and I was suspecting it was because of the constant motion of the train swaying and speeding along, but it could have been because of other things.

Anyway, now I'm pacing in front of Effie's door, contemplating how to approach her about this. I didn't think she knew that I was even sexually active with Cato, and seeing as she's my 'Capitol mom', she may just cut my head off. Going to your mom- or fake mom- at sixteen and asking her to get you a pregnancy test is like asking for your own death. Not that there's anything wrong me being pregnant at this age. It's just that I don't think I'm ready like other girls may be.

"What are you doing?"

My head snapped up, eyes focusing on Cato staring at me. I released my hand from my mouth- I had been biting my nails- and sucked in a breath. I still had not told Cato about what I think can be true. I don't know how he would take it. I'm not even gonna tell him about taking the test...

Cato really overreacted when I asked him about us having kids, so I didn't want to bring it up again. It was like there was something he knew, something he was keeping away from me. I didn't know why he was so angry about a baby, because if he was man enough to take me to bed, he should be man enough to deal with the consequences. Plus, he's basically a father to his little brother. There was no reason for him to lash out on me, or maybe there is..

"Hello? Earth to Rose." Cato shakes his hand in my face, disturbing me from my thoughts. He's standing before me, sweating through a grey muscle tee, a small white towel wrapped around his neck. He must have been working out. "What are you doing?" he repeats.

"Oh." I look back at Effie's closed door, completely forgetting what my objective was. "I was just waiting for Effie. She wants to go over the rest of my outfits for the tour," I lie easily, crossing my fingers behind my back. It's become easier and easier to lie to Cato and keep my secret. I don't think that's a good thing...

Cato nods, believing my dishonesty. "Ok, well I'm gonna go shower. You can join if you want to," he says suggestively, reaching for me with sweaty palms.

I step back, shaking my head, and Cato pouts. "C'mon, that's the fifteenth time you've rejected me. I'm getting fucking blue balls over here. What's the deal?"

Effie saves me before I have to answer to Cato.

"Oh! Primrose! I was just about to get you, we're arriving in District Seven now."

I nod, turning away from Cato quickly, not giving him time to say anything more to me about anything. I know he's desperate for intimacy, especially now, but our relationship did fine without it, so he can wait for me to wrap my head around things. It doesn't mean I don't want it too, because I do, but my baby would be put before anything in this world, even him. And right now, I have to see if I even have a baby- another one, I mean.

"Kitten---"

"I have to get ready, Cato." I lean up, placing a soft kiss to his cheek, one so soft I couldn't tell if my lips had made it to his face. Cato bit back on his tongue, but nodded. He let the little kiss revert his thoughts to another place for now.