4. Cheering for Ray... and the team

A/N I hope you really note the contrast between chapter 3 and 4 , it really shows how different Star is when she is alone and when there are people around.

Enjoy.

***********************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~********************

Star woke up startled by the voice of her mom in the morning.

"Wake up honey, it's almost 7!"

"Mom what the hell, I WAS ABOUT TO BE KISSED BY HARRY STYLES! Mom!"

"Aren't you too young for these kind of dreams? And stop yelling for God's sake."

"Mom I'm seventeen!" Star shouted loudly to her mother who was exiting her room.
"And I'm pretty sure you'll miss my birthday again..." Star muttered to herself, getting out of bed.

She took a long shower, got scolded by her mom once again, and chose to wear her red sweater, black jeans and a cute little beanie to complete her look. Don't get her wrong, Star just loved clothes and fashion, she was a teenager after all.

She ate breakfast as fast as Usain Bolt and jogged out of the house, yelling a simple good bye to her mom, knowing she wouldn't see her till late at night.

"MOOOOLLLYYYY, SAAAAM ! Wait!!"
Star yelled instantly after spotting her best friend walking hand in hand with her boyfriend.

"I swear I'll cut off your tongue someday" Molly said while hugging her crazy friend. Sam just smiled and asked how she was. They exchanged some words and continued their way to school.

~

The hallway was buzzing with students. It was gonna be a special day today. A football match was due between the two best teams of the schools around. So everyone was excited.

The players were all over the place. Star ignored everything going on around and went straight to her locker which was obviously at the very end of the hallway.

Just as she was about to open it, her big brown chocolate eyes met those piercing green eyes which made her legs weak and made her heart melt.

Ray was leaning against the lockers looking down at her, with the most mischievous smile on his lips.

Startled, star looked down, blushing like a red tomato. Star felt her cheeks flaming, and her ears turning red hot and silently she prayed that no one would notice. She looked up again, Ray was still staring down at her with playful eyes.

"Are you going to be there later?" He said smiling innocently at her.

*What there where? Oh my god where do I have to be later? Wow he's really tall though*

Ray chuckled, then bursted out laughing loudly. Star looked up at him as baffled as a deer caught in headlights. Ray was still laughing, then Star realized her stupid mistake.

"I said that out loud, didn't I....?"

"Yeah you did" Ray answered, gaining back his composure.
"There's a football match later against the RedLions... Are you gonna be there?" He said cheekily.

"I... I ,oh yeah! Yes.. I'll be there! Yeah..." She had completely forgotten about the football match the moment she had lost herself in Ray's eyes.

Ray laughed lightly at her reply, to which Star blushed and blurted out something
"I mean I'll be there, we have to cheer for you.. I mean the school, the school! And...."

"Sure Star, you'll be there to cheer for everyone" Ray said slowly, winking down at Star.

"Yes, yeah, yes everyone"

"RAY GET HERE RIGHT NOW" coach Morisson yelled, startling everyone else in the hallway.

Ray rolled his eyes.

"He is a pain in the ass. Maybe I'll see you later" Ray said, but before turning back and walking away, he leaned down and whispered something to Star,

"And hey Star, Im not that tall you know" Ray said smirking sneakily at the young girl before taking to his heels towards the fuming coach.

Star, who was completely and utterly shocked by the recent chat with Ray, stared at his figure which was slowly disappearing in the crowded hall.

Star was still trying to figure if it was really a dream or not, when she suddenly heard Molly shouting out her name, trying to fray a way through the buzzing hallway.

"Star, babe, are you alright? You are completely red", Blushing even more, Star ducked her head down, pulling her beanie halfway down her face.

" Oh! You cheeky little girl, something happened! You are going to tell me everything right now girl"

"Oh god Molly!" She pulled her best friend in an empty class room before blurting everything out.

~
"Dear lord Star! Do you think he has a crush or something, that would be just perfect you two would be having a mutual crush, like FINALLY"

"Shut up! Someone might hear you, and I don't want to keep my hopes up, you know we're talking about Ray Vince O'brien, for God's sake and you know how stupid I am to expect something with someone like him. I'm simply nothing compared to him"

"Star you...."

"Don't say anything Molly, you know what I am saying is completely true" star said quietly, hugging her best friend.

Molly hugged her back, not knowing what else to say.

"Hey guys, what are you doing here? The match's about to start! Don't you wanna see your man's first match Molly? Huh Star are you fine?" Jeremiah said through the slightly open door.

"Yeah she's fine, just some Ray drama going on. Yeah and come lets go, I don't want to miss Sam!" Molly nearly screamed, taking hold of Jeremiah's and Star's hand, while heading for the bleachers.

On their way towards the football field, star couldn't stop thinking about the previous night and the previous events. All the memories dancing around in her head.

Why was it all so complicated?

Let's give it a chance,
Let's hope till the end,
Let's forget everything else,
Hold my hand,
And take me away,
Let's not think about
It twice,
No rights and wrongs,
No yes or no,
Just you and I ,
The world in our hands,
The sun at our feet

Let's give it a chance,
And let's try not to
Break
Both of us.

*************************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*************************

Alright guys hope you liked it!
If you did the leave some votes and comments
Lush you all,
Stella .x