14. Past & Insecurities

Hii yah!

Enjoy :)

__________________________________________

Star stood on the threshold of her house and sighed. She was alone, once again.

She made her way upstairs, discarding her bag at the foot of her bed. She got under the warm and comfy covers and took her phone out.

She started texting Ivan about what had happened today and of course got scolded since she basically went against the rules of Mr Anthony, plus she bunked the rest of her classes because of Ray.

Star was terrified now, what if the principal called her mother again?

Just as she tucked her phone in her pocket, the door banged open. Her mother had a blank look on her face.

If her mom had found out what had happened today in school, she would be thrown out in the streets.

She cringed at the thought but kept staring at her mother.

Her mom let out the words, that Star was least ready to hear.

"Your dad called, he said he apologizes to you for all these years." Her mom said coldly.

She looked straight into Star's eyes and stood still for a few seconds and then left.

She heard he mother going downstairs and closing the front door. Probably going back to work.

Star, on the other hand, kept staring at the door of her room. Her mind couldn't process the few last events.

Why had her dad suddenly call?

He hadn't call in all these years, what could it be now?

She knew her dad. She knew how clever he could be and she feared it. She was sure that her dad either needed something from her or was having some problems.

She knew very well her dad, a man-if you could call that a man- who had build up a bed of lies on which he laid everyday when he got home.

He lied to his wife, to his daughter and to his son and this didn't seem to bother him.

He build up a happy little world and then broke it all down when he supposedly fell in love with the woman of his life and abandoned his family and settled down with her abroad.

After the first few weeks, he sent divorce papers and her mom got full custody of her and her little brother.

Her dad didn't even send alimony and she knew that if she went to court, she could get him in much trouble, but her mom refused.

Her mother didn't want to have any attachment with that man, be it emotional or financial. And, that's why she took up two jobs per day. And that's why she couldn't juggle with her professional and personal life.

Her mom had a very restraint social life. Working all day didn't allow her to go out often. Plus this was the only reason why Kade had been sent to his grand parents, simply because her mother couldn't afford to take care of both of them.

Her mother had become a different person, not different, but someone frail, which kept a lot of angst inside. She barely spoke to Star and the only times she does is only to scold the young girl because of her school grades or whatever mistake she did.

Star went downstairs to feed her dog.

She sat outside for a while, petting her dog and still pondering about why her dad had called to apologize.

After minutes of reflexion, she decided to ignore it. That would be the best decision: to ignore him.

Just like her mother and herself did these past years.

I wouldn't be easy, but she had to get over it, just like she always did.

She didn't want to fall back into that vicious lifestyle again. Her dad calling her all kind of names then saying that he loved her.

How he said that he hated her hair but said she was beautiful.

How he said that she was worthless and didn't deserve a life like this(meaning the life before) but on the other hand, said that she was very intelligent and smart.

He said that he hated his wife but every night he kissed her.

He lied about almost everything in his life, especially that he had a second life outside this very house.

All this had made Star very insecure about herself. She never opens up, but she's scared, terrified even. Not even Molly knew how bad she felt when she thought about her dad.

She felt a tear roll down her cheek, she quickly wiped it away and ran to the bathroom.

She had a well deserved bath and then did her homework. She really didn't want to do it, but she also didn't want to get in anymore trouble with Mr Anthony.

After that she saw something that cheered her up completely. She saw a text from Ray.

Ray
Goodnight Oh beautiful Star of the Universe. Hehe see what I did there? ;) xx :D night Star
Sent at 10.35 pm

She sent him a quick good night, smiling fondly at her phone. She couldn't believe what was happening to her.

She set her alarm clock and placed her mobile phone on the night set next to her.

She went to sleep quite conflicted. She was sad because of her dad but was very content owing to Ray.

Either way, she closed her eyes and fell into a deep slumber.

_________________________________________

Ray is such a dork Hskkssjk

Well anyways I had to ask you guys a question.
Is the number of pages I write ok? Because I see some people writing about 3 pages and some 30 pages.

I think it's enough.. But you tell me what you think about the number of words and bla bla..

Don't forget to vote and comment 💕

Lush you all ❤️

Stella. xx