6. Look After You

Hello ^^ I hope you people don't hate me because of the previous chapter :')
Enjoy :)

(The song below is LOOK AFTER YOU by the fray, but it's in the version of  LT's cover)
*************************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***************************

If I don't say this now I will surely break
As I'm leaving the one I want to take
Forget the urgency but hurry up and wait
My heart has started to separate

Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
I'll look after you

There now, steady love, so few come and don't go
Will you, won't you be the one I'll always know?
When I'm losing my control, the city spins around
You're the only one who knows, you slow it down

Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
I'll look after you
And I'll look after you

The next morning Star laid still in her bed, staring blankly at the ceiling, listening absentmindedly to the song playing from her mom's radio downstairs.

This song was so beautiful, she didn't have any words to describe how she felt. It was one of her favorite, she had spent hours looking for it on the Internet before falling upon this cover of the song.

There was a light knock on the door. She quickly got up and went to answer it. Her mom was on the other side, smiling brightly at her, but unfortunately she wasn't too keen to return the smile.

"Come downstairs and have breakfast Hun"

"Yes I'll be right there." Star stated simply before closing the door and going in the shower.

She undressed and stood under the pouring hot water, letting it wash over her whole body. The water was burning her skin, but she couldn't feel it, she was numb. Her whole body was numb, but her mind was something else, thoughts thrashing around, so many voices talking at the same time.

After a while, her mother shouted and she got out, trying not to fall on her way out. She got dressed in dark blue jeans and a turtle neck shirt and put on a dark blue beanie.

She entered the kitchen slowly clinging to her backpack.

"Here eat a little Star"

"Fine" she sat at the round table and ate her breakfast quietly.

"You didn't come home until early morning, did you?" She asked, even if it was more of a statement to her.

"You know I've got work Star, I can't come home everynow and then." Her mom said firmly, while washing the dishes, not even looking at the young girl.

"Yes I know, I know" Star mumbled before getting up and rushing towards the door. She ran till she was out of her road.

She really didn't want to come a cross Molly today. She wanted to be alone for sometime and knowing Molly, she would be bombarding questions to Star as soon as she saw the latter.

She plugged in her earphones and walked quietly in the chilly atmosphere to school. Winter was coming soon, sooner than the previous years.

But Star was happy, winter was her favorite season. The long nights, the nice cups of tea everyday, the snow and not forgetting Christmas of course.

Earphones plugged, hand stuffed in the pockets of her jacket and face down, she walked briskly without paying attention to her surroundings.

Oh oh oh
Oh oh oh
Be my baby
I'll look after you...

Weirdly enough she reached school very quickly. She ignored everyone around and went straight towards her lockers.

She stopped right in her tracks when someone grabbed one of her sleeves.

She turn around and suddenly she found herself lost in the piercing green orbs. Quickly she lowered her head and looked down at her feet, snatching her arm back.

Ray was the last person she wanted to see today.

Memories of last night flooded back to her mind. She lifted her head and caught a frown on Ray's perfectly defined eyebrows.

"I saw you yesterday at the game" he said, his signature smirk returning to his face.

"You saw me?" Star inquired, a blush creeping to her face.

"Yeah, you didn't wait for me though, don't I deserve a congratulation?" He said chuckling.

"Yes! Yes you do! I mean, congratulations! You scored twice and yes you scored and yeah... And I waited for you but you were leaving with.. Your friend" she thought bitterly as the face of the brunette popped up in her mind.

Ray laughed a little to her stumbling and replied.

"Thank you Star, and about what friend are you talking about?" Ray asked looking perplex.

"Your friend, uhh your girlfriend..." Star said, still blushing, with an ache in her heart. She prayed that Ray couldn't feel her distress right now.

"She's-"

Just as Ray was to speak, the coach came out demanding that all the players should be in the gymnasium in less than 2 seconds.

"Fuck, this coach gets on my nerves" Ray stated furiously before poking Star at her cheek and running off.

Star smiled, touching her cheek, blushing even more if that was possible.

She took her book from her locker, smiling like a dork and heading to class. She pushed away all the atrocious thoughts of last night, but still decided to remain cautious about Ray and her overwhelming emotions for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***************************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aha, a little happier innit?

Don't forget to vote and comment.
Lush you all 💞
Stella .x