Sherlock: Johanna's First Date

Request for fangirlwriters

~

"You have enough money right?"

"Yes mum."

"And you're sure the movie is at the right time?"

"Yes mum, only you have trouble with that."

"And you're sure your father doesn't know?"

"Yes mum. Unless he somehow hacked into my phone, but you talked to him about that." I may have talked, but he probably didn't listen.

"Okay sounds like you're all ready to go. Are you nervous?" She nodded her head, big turquoise eyes like saucers. You had helped her get ready, it was her first date after all, quite a big deal for a young girl of 15. Her hair was its usual curly mess, only this time a braid was embedded around her crown and tied in the back. Since they were just going to the movies, jeans and a nice blouse seemed suitable enough. A dress was not even in question - she was NOT a dress girl. You smiled looking her up and down, seems like just yesterday you saw her walk for the first time, listened to her speak her first words, "vatican cameo", and watched her complete her first case ((lol that literally was yesterday that I wrote that)). Tears formed on the outskirts of your eyes.

"Please mum, don't cry, you know how I feel about that." You engulfed her in a hug, she was getting to be almost taller than you; you no longer could fit her in the crevice of your arms. A slammed door came from downstairs, both of your heads snapped up. You looked at each other.

"I thought you said he'd be gone," she whispered.

"Greg said he'd keep him at Scotland Yard all day."

"You let Greg be in charge of dad? That's like putting a baby in charge of a teenager." She had a point, not your best move. A tall figure entered the room, but you were too afraid to look, you knew he would deduce it right out of you.

"Evening, what are you two up to?"

"Girls night," you replied rather quickly, too quickly. Johanna elbowed you. You refused to meet Sherlock's eyes, instead you busied yourself with rearranging the books that sat on the coffee table.

"And where are you going for this 'girls night'?"

"The movies," Johanna responded, her voice calm and collected.

"What movie?"

"Ant-Man."

"What time?"

"8 o clock." You glanced up, they were both locked dead in each other's stare, both refusing to look away first. Sherlock's eyes met yours and narrowed. He knew, oh shit he knew, I shouldn't have looked up. I repeat, should not have looked up.

"Perhaps you'd like me to accompany you to the theatre, just to make sure you get there safely, in case mum looked up the wrong theatre and time again."

"Twice, I did that twice and you two hold it against me for the rest of my life." They both looked at you and rolled their eyes. Bloody tossers, they can make the movie plans next time.

"We're fine thanks." Her voice never wavered, nor did her stare.

"Very well then," sighed Sherlock. However, he did not move from the chair. At that same moment, the doorbell rang. The door to 221B opened, but the air in the flat disappeared.

"Oh Johanna, a boy is here for you," announced Mrs. Hudson. A smirk appeared on Sherlock's face, and the color disappeared from Johanna's.

"Let him up Mrs. Hudson," called Sherlock. Quiet shuffling was the only sound to be heard throughout the flat. Sherlock was staring at Johanna, a know-it-all look in his eyes, and Johanna was staring at Sherlock, hate rays shooting from her eyeballs. You sat in the middle of all this, looking between them both helplessly. A boy with short brown hair appeared at the door, he had flowers in his hands, and he looked nervous. His face lit up as he spotted Johanna in the room. Immediately you stood up.