Mycroft : Meeting the Brother

Request for @0lightwizard0

~

"Ready dear? We're going to be late," hissed Mycroft impatiently.

"Oh calm down, I'm coming I'm coming," you said, descending the stairs. He stood at the bottom, eyes checking his watch impatiently while his foot tapped slightly. "Nervous are we?" you poked teasingly. He narrowed his eyes and stood up straight, lifting his arm out for you to take so he could lead you out to the car.

"I'm not nervous. It's just my brother. Just my little brother."

~

The ride included more foot tapping, complaints about the weather, and avoiding the questions you asked about Sherlock Holmes.

"I don't understand why you can't tell me?" you argued.

"My brother's personal affairs are his own."

"All I did was ask what his favorite food was Mycroft! I just want to know something to talk about with your brother. I don't know any details about your family." You sighed in frustration and looked out the window. All you wanted was some details. And yes, you knew Mycroft did not partake in sentiment, or anything to do with socializing very well, but it was his own brother for god sakes.

"Tea. He likes tea. He doesn't eat much, but he always drinks tea in the mornings." Refusing to face him and wanting him to feel bad for his lack of details provided earlier, you stared out the window. In a matter of seconds, when you didn't turn around, a hand patted your knee lightly and laid rest there. You smiled slightly and turned towards him, only to find him looking out the window towards the door of 221B. The cab stopped and you made way to get out, only to see that Mycroft still sat in the car.

"Shall we go inside?" you suggested, not used to seeing him in such an anxious state. He shook his head, like he was snapping out of a trance, and exited the car, coming around to your side and opening the door himself. He walked beside you on the street, and led the way up to 221B. His hand raised, ready to knock on the door, but then faltered. He turned, facing you.

"Are you sure you want to meet my brother? He's really no one special. I'm sure you have better things to do anyw-."

"Mycroft Holmes, I am meeting your brother. And if you don't knock on the door, I will," you warned. He rolled his eyes and turned towards the door ready to knock, but it swung open on its own revealing a tall, dark curly haired, bright blue eyed man. Before you could register what was happening, his mouth opened and you felt like a robot was reciting to you in a sped up version of English.

"You must be (y/n). I've always wanted to meet you, not that I actually care about the relationship my brother and you have built, but because any woman my brother is with must be at least a tad bit interesting, not like those brain dead girls you find wandering on the streets and hanging out in the bars because they have nothing better to do with their lives than stroll around wasting money and throwing themselves at men in a disgustingly desperate manner. No, there must something almost smart about you, like you actually have a semi important life to live."

"Thank you?" you said, unsure of what just came out of his mouth was actually a compliment or not. "Nice to meet you too," you added, putting out your hand for him to shake. He crinkled his nose at it.

"Physical contact is very unnecessary for today's meeting," he stated in a snobbish manner and turned back towards the inside, leaving the door open for what you assumed was so you could follow him in. You turned to look back at Mycroft and he gave you an "I told you so" look.