Lestrade: Awkward Part 2

Greg's POV

"Was that (y/n) I just saw leave?" asked Sherlock from behind me.

"Yes."

"Well where did she go?"

"Hell if I know." He raised his eyebrows at my grumbling tone.

"Aren't you two supposed to be in love or something?" Sherlock asked with a disgusted, yet genuinely curious, tone. I rubbed the frustration from my face with my hands. What I wouldn't give to have that statement been true. "Did you hurt her?" he asked accusingly. Sighing, I gulped down any excuse I had for my actions, deciding to be a man and own up to it.

"Yes Sherlock, I hurt her."

"Why? How? When? Right now? Did you make her cry?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"No no no. Greg Lestrade you hurt her, you hurt (y/n). You are going to talk about it."

"Don't you already know everything about it? Shove off." A smug expression formed on his lips.

"Well of course I do. Not only did she tell me every bit and detail about your relationship up until she left, but I heard your whole conversation right now."

"Then why the bloody hell did you want me to explain it?!" I asked, exasperated.

"So you felt like an arse." As much as I hated the bugger right now, he was right - I deserved to feel like the arse I was.

"Well it worked so congratulations."

"Of course it worked. Now go to her hotel, I'll give you the address, and then you can talk-"

"Sherlock, talking to her is not a good idea. We just had fight, we need a break before we see each other again."

"You two need nothing more right now than to absolve all your issues and then cuddle for the rest of the night on the couch." I chuckled at his innocent naivety of relationships.

"I know her. Talking to her is a bad idea right now. She's pissed. When she's ready to talk to me, I'll be ready, until then I'm just going to give her space."

"If you actually knew her then you'd know that she prefers men to chase after her instead of sitting back like coward and waiting for her to make the first move." I groaned. I wasn't going to lie - I was scared. I would be putting my heart in her hands, and she could crush it, like I did to hers years ago. "I don't understand much about love or anything mushy gushy. But, I do understand about caring for people. You care for her, she cares for you, so for the love of murder, will you swallow your manly pride and go talk to her?"

"What's the address?"

~

(Y/N) POV

You ripped off your clothes in complete anger. On the walk home, your mood had completely changed. While at once you had been sad about everything that had gone down with Greg, both at the party and prior to that, you were now angry. You gave him an explanation for leaving, and now it was his turn to explain himself. You dressed in plaid pajama pants and football sweatshirt you had gotten from a game that, how coincidentally, you went to with him. Despite your anger towards him, you wore it anyways - it was your favorite. You turned on the TV for background noise, then settled into your bed, pulling out your book and delving into the world of Hobbits and dwarves.