Sherlock: The Freak

Request for @gypsygirl34

~

"You'll meet the freak today," announced Donovan from behind. You were kneeled over part of the crime scene, and you shielded your eyes as you turned towards her with a confused look, waiting for her to explain more. "Sherlock Holmes," she sighed, as if that explained it all. You had heard his name thrown around occasionally by DI Lestrade, but you had never worked a case with him considering you were new to Scotland Yard.

"Why do you call him a freak?" you wondered innocently.

"Because he is one. You'll see." You didn't know how to respond, so instead you went back to investigating. You collected samples and handed them to Anderson to take care of. A couple minutes later you looked up from your dirty work to find two men walking under the tape, trailing behind Lestrade. He pointed towards you and you looked away, not wanting to be caught staring. You were in the middle of collecting another sample when you noticed a shadow fall over you.

"(Y/l/n)," pronounced Lestrade, "this is Sherlock Holmes and John Watson." You stood back up on your feet, ready to meet this so called "freak". There were two men - one short, one tall. The latter had black curls that waved around his head in a messy perfection, his blue eyes were clear enough to swim in, and his cheek bones looked to be as sharp as butcher knives. The shorter one had a much kinder look to him - dirty blonde hair, softer face, golden brown eyes, and a gentle smile. Automatically you knew which one was Sherlock Holmes - the name fit the face.

"Nice to meet you," you greeted, offering a hand and a smile. John took both kindly, returning the favor, while Sherlock merely continued to stare at you. He at first had a perplexed look on his face, his eyes boring studiously into every inch of you, which then turned to an angered look seconds later. You caught Greg's eye and he just shrugged his shoulders as if to say "that's how he is".

"Excuse my friend," commented John, "he isn't - well actually he is normally like this so I can't really excuse that. But normally he would have said something by now, probably something that would have offended you. So maybe it is better he's stayed silent. We're still working on his manners you see." You laughed at John, already taking a liking to his blunt humor. Sherlock continued to stare at you, his face squished into a fit of fury and confusion. Feeling a bit awkward, you started to explain the case.

~

"So there were explosives attached to his brakes that detonated once he pressed on them?" asked John.

"Seems so. But what I don't understand is-"

"Do you have any pets?" interrupted Sherlock. He hadn't spoken since he had been introduced to you and his deep voice came as a surprise. He gave you no time to answer though before he sprung into more questions. "If so, what types? Dog or cat? Short hair or long hair? Fur color? Do you live in a one story house or two? Do you live alone? Do prefer coffee or tea? What is your current relationship status? Do you prefer doing dishes by hand or putting them in the dishwasher? When was the last time you called your mum?" You looked to John for help. Did he normally interrogate people he just met? You looked back at Sherlock and his face had turned a light pink.

"Uh, well I have a cat," you answered awkwardly. Thankfully, John cut in.

"Sorry, he normally answers all these questions in his head." John gave Sherlock a look, but he failed to notice as he was looking intently at you once again. You shifted uncomfortably on your feet.

"Are you wearing some sort of clear force field perfume? Or perhaps you washed your clothes in protectant metal laundry detergent?"

"Sherlock," hissed John, "what are you doing?"

"She's unreadable John. NOBODY-nobody is unreadable." He looked at you with a face full of disgust. "So why is she so different?" he whined to John. He had used his whole arm to motion to you, and his hand was inches from your face.

"Maybe I'm just special," you joked lightheartedly, trying to defuse the tension. You pushed his hand away and he flinched at your touch, jerking his hand towards his body with such speed as if you'd burned him.

"Don-sto-gubbadabuhdah." A flurry of words poured out of Sherlock's mouth and he shook his head like a dog. He seemed to be having some sort of fit.

"Do you need medical attention?" you asked in true worry. You grabbed on to his arm to steady him and he shuddered at your touch. You looked to John and Lestrade for support, but Lestrade was too busy holding in his laugh and trying to film with his phone while John looked pitifully at Sherlock. "What's wrong with him?" you asked, obviously missing the joke.

"Girls make him nervous," chuckled Lestrade.

"No, girls he can't deduce make him nervous," added in John. They laughed like two little school girls, and you looked around in confusion, still missing the joke. Deduce? Sherlock had recovered slightly and was now eyeing your hand on his arm. You removed it quickly.

"Sorry," you apologized. He shook his head as if to say "no it's fine". Lestrade and John were now making jokes to each other in private while you and Sherlock stood in close proximity, both silent. "I live in a flat," you started, not knowing what else to do to break the silence.

"What?" He scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion and you found yourself biting your lip to stop you from smiling at, you hated using this word, cute he was.

"These are the answers to your questions."

"Oh," he breathed, then waited for you to carry on.

"I live alone. I prefer coffee. I'm single." You two made awkward eye contact at that instant, then both looked away just as quick. "I prefer not doing dishes at all, but I do them by hand. And the last time I called my mum was about 5 hours ago."

"Good to know," he stated. You cleared your throat and he scratched his head and the silence returned. Until he broke it. "Normally I would know all that from one look. I don't have to ask people about their job or their favorite food or who in their family they're fighting with because I can tell with just one glance. It's called deducing and that's how I go about solving cases. I'm very good at it, hence why the people who are supposed to be good at it call me for help." You bit back a laugh.

"Are you trying to impress me?" you teased. His eyes widened.

"No," he declared defensively.

"Well too bad," you flirted, "it was starting to work." He smirked at you and you fell speechless under his gaze. "So why can't you deduce me?" you challenged. He looked you up and down and his lips twitched up into a smirk.

"Maybe you're just special."

A/N

Have 2 days of school then I have 11 DAYS OFF (counting weekends).

I hope (and expect) to get a lot of writing done. That is if my writer's block leaves me alone. It hit me hard over this weekend!

Again, can't remember what I had to tell you guys...

Random: What is your favorite movie that you wish was a book?

THE FAMILY. Oh my gosh. So INTENSE!!!!! Watch it if you have access. You should be able to watch it on abc.com! I mean yes, Rupert is SO HANDSOME in it, but besides that, it is honestly an awesome show (if you like that suspenseful stuff).

So yeah.

77k. Thank you. Love you. (Nuff said)

Happy Pi day!

3.14 ya later

(I laughed at that but I realize now it wasn't funny and actually makes no cents)

((Here I go laughing at myself again))

Night.