¢нαρтєя 18

Unedited

¢σρуяιgнт © 2015 Margareth Valley
All Rights Reserved

Your heart's too big for your body,
It's where your feelings hide
They're pouring out
Where everyone can see
They call you cry baby
Cry baby
But you don't fucking care
Cry baby, cry baby
So you laugh through your tears.

-Melanie Martinez "Cry Baby"

¢нαρтєя 18

The sandy colored wolf, barks angry at Avan's stiff body. "Angel, I need you and Adeline to get out of here." He orders, his voice getting much deeper.

A wave of displeasure crosses over me, "What about y-." Avan cuts me off with a snarl, his face morphing to of a wolf's. I hear the desperate calls from Addie, before I realized I had to take charge for once. Slowly, I inched away from the threatening fight that was about to break out between the sandy colored wolf and Avan.

Grabbing a stern hold over Adeline's small wrist, I tug her away. We must've ran for minutes before our horrible stamina kicked in. I was breathing harshly, leaning against a tree, while Adeline's fearful gaze motivates me to keep running. "Adeline, I need you to get away from Virginia. Far from it." I command, shoving her in the direction of the city lights.

"Okay, l-let's go together." She stutters, clasping our hands together.

I shook my head, "I have to wait for Aiden." I couldn't leave him, I learned how to love again because of him. Because of what happened years ago, I needed to hang on to my very last life saver. Or else. I'll be lost.

But she was my sister.

Debating, I didn't take in the notice of dark shadows looming around us. Before another of Adeline's screech sounds, gazing around us I realize we were surrounded. By more than two wolves. A whole litter, if I was correct. Their threatening growls filled the once peaceful area, circling Adeline and I. I needed to speak up, I needed to save the last of my family.

Before it was too late.

I pushed Adeline through the gap of the wolves formation towards the light illuminating city. "Run!" I screamed towards her, Adeline's worried struck face, faces me. Before she understood I was willing to risk my life for hers. And that was why she took off running.

But she also knew that they would go after the one running away.

After all, that was what wolves do.

They chase.

VVV

Aiden grits his teeth spotting his girlfriend pushing away Adeline, risking her very life. He wanted to step in, oh how he wished it. But his father's firm, no, still stood in place. However seeing the wolves instead chase after the screaming Adeline, he knew Adeline understand that they would chase her.

And that was why she ran, Aiden clutches the pure silver crossbow, aiming at one of the wolves head's. He lets it swoosh pass his cheek, landing on it's target swiftly. The other wolves stopped to assist in their lost one, leaving Adeline alone.

Leah however stood grounded, frozen. This was not the time to be in shock, it just wasn't. Aiden groans, he would be disobeying his father, but he couldn't let her die.

Not before he asked her to marry him.

Avan's furry body grazed passed the sandy colored wolf's body, checking if it were still alive.

It was.

Morino had heck of the stamina. Morino's wolf, pounced on Avan, after playing dead. Quickly caught off guard Avan howls from the pain. He had to stall Morino long enough for Leah to run away. He couldn't have her dying, not his mate.

Tyson would grind him into nothing, if the Costarelli pack falls on his behalf. Then again, it was mostly his fault pushing Leah away. But at that time he thought it was for the best. He just didn't know it would be safer if she stuck by him.

Avan, rushes away, after ecaping the claws of Morino. He heard it, Morino must've too. It was deathly pale shriek, resounding from the emptiness of the woods. It might be Leah, bt also might've been someone else. But Avan couldn't take the chance in tumbling around with Morino over his mate's life.

He loved her.

Yes, he did.

Ethan whimpers as he hears a familiar scream, it was his Adeline. His mate, he loved her. He loved her even if she didn't love him back. Even if she fell in love with Damon, he still loved her. He came back to her, after concluding he wanted the best for his mate.

He couldn't bear knowing he'd hit her, hurt her, in more ways than one, at least without an apology. He needed to hear the words "I forgive you" from Addie again.

Even if she didn't ever want him again afterwards.

Tyson, grinds the cigarette with his boot, clicking his tongue. "Sir, we've found two female. Both human, and one injured guard." A warrior reports.

Two human females? It had to be those two troublesome McCarthly's. Tyson breathes out calmly, "Bring them here, make sure they are safe." Tyson grounds out.

The warrior sported a confused look, before nodding away.

Why on earth would they be in these woods?

VVV

A yelp escapes my mouth, while a strong arm encircles my waist. "Shh." A soft whisper says, pulling me into the safety of the trees.

"Leah, babe." I hear Aiden's angelic voice say.

I jump away fearfully, "Aiden t-the hell are you doing here?" I asked, a sob breaking it's way into my mouth. Aiden comforts me by hugging me tightly.

"Babe, no time for explaining. You have to get out of these woods." Aiden states lowly.

"A-Adeline-..." I started, however he shushed me.

"Leave her, I'll get her myself. But I need to know you are safe first, go into the city. They won't come after you there." He mutters, kissing me on the lips briefly before sending my shock driven state self away.

"Answer m-me first! Why are you here?" I questioned curiously, however very suspicious. "You were supposed to be in The Caribbeans." I whispered harshly.

"Hunting."

* * * * *
Hi guys, sorry I have been slow on updates. I had a fever this past week, :/. It went down, so that's good. :)

My Goals:
115 Votes
15 Comments

-Margareth Valley

P.S.

Random picture of Tyson, played by Ash Stymest above ^^^...

(As you can tell, I'm a big fan of Ash! XD)