¢нαρтєя 31

Unedited

¢σρуяιgнт © 2015 Margareth Valley
All Rights Reserved

¢нαρтєя 31

I didn't know he would be here. I would've warned Avan to run beforehand, but I didn't know.

Peter leaned on the trees, a pistol pointed at Avan's head and his brothers. "Actually, I prefer you to stay. I'd love for new fur to be hung on my walls, accompanying a certain black wolf I skinned some time ago." Peter chuckled.

Avan sneered at him, his face twisting into disgust and hatred. "Hunters." Avan hisses.

The triplets whimpered behind him, cowering behind their elder brother. Their wavering howls attempting to call for help.

Peter fired a bullet, landing a couple feet from the triplets. Causing fear to strike the boys, Avan didn't even flinch."Shut up, ya little mutts." Peter grumbled. "Else, next time I won't be missing my next shot." He threatened.

Peter's eyes twinkled for a quick second, spotting me. "Ah, Leah! What a pleasant surprise! Aiden finally tell ya? He must really be serious 'bout you, then." He grinned.

I gulped, frozen. I was just as terrified as the cowering triplets, if not-- more.

"P-Peter." I stuttered.

Peter grins a toothy smile at me, "Call me father."

"Don't talk to him, Leah." Avan growls, crinkling his nose at the scent of gun powder.

I bit my tongue, unknown how to respond.

Peter stares at me before frowing, "You are marrying my boy, aren't you?"

The cabin door creaks open, as I glanced back to see Aiden peeking in. A sliver of panic crosses him, before he managed to gain the right of mind.

"Dad." Aiden croaked, a warning look tossed to him.

Avan snarls as Peter aims his gun at Avan, "Son, I don't know if you've noticed but there's one of them-- actually four of them monsters on our front lawn." Peter spat.

I back away, as Avan looks at me mentally screaming to run.

But I couldn't, my legs froze as Peter begin to put his attention on me. I gulped, quietly while Peter suspiciously looks me over.

"Dad, put the gun away. Just let the wolf off with a warning." Aiden insists.

Peter slouches, not putting away his gun. "No, I won't. I won't be sparing the son of the beast who killed my wife."

Avan's nostrils flared as he aims to calm himself down.

Finally realizing my feet could move properly I inched towards Avan, while Aiden and his father bickered. Arriving at a halt just in front of Avan, I turn my head aside glancing back at him.

"Avan, you should escape." I whispered.

He looked at me blankly. "I'm not running, Leah. But you should."

His response baffled me. "But--" I started, only to have myself being cut short.

"You're one of them, aren't you, Leah." Peter spat, glaring at me.

I shrink near Avan, my back pressing against his chest to find a way out. My mouth couldn't function, letting the man know his accusations were partially correct.

I felt Avan's arms loop around my waist as he hoisted me up and maneuvered my body behind his, as if shielding me away from the accusations.

Peering over Avan's large body, I see Aiden whispering something to his father gesturing towards us.

"Leah, when I count to three I want you to take the boys and run." Avan growls, as I take notice of the whimpering pups to the side.

I shook my head, "It's you Peter wants, I'll distract him and--..."

"And what? Die? I'd rather myself die, rather than suffer the rest of my life knowing I let my woman die, to save myself." He cuts me off.

All I heard was, 'my pride would be wounded.'

I scoffed, "Pride? Is that what you're treasurung?"

Avan spins around, abruptly. "This is not about pride, Leah. This is about you, you can't feel it because you're human, but I feel a dull ache when your not around. Better me gone than you." He whispered, a longing glint showing.

Without noticing, a tear slips right through my defences.

What? What was this?

Am I crying?

Avan brushed the pad of his thunb against my cheek, wiping the salty tears away. "Don't cry, a beautiful woman should never cry." He murmured, lightly pecking me on the forehead.

A thought struck me.

Had he always been so stupid?

"That's the thing, Avan, I'm not beautiful."

I spoke quietly before shoving Avan towards the wooded area surrounding the small cabin, just as a loud noise rang throughout the area.

I think it was a gunshot.

* * * * *
The story is coming to an end, unfortunately! Well, I don't technically know exactly, but... It should be ending soon, I also predict it's going to be a sad ending. :/

XD Just kidding, or am I?

I'm sorry! D:

P.S.
^^^ Put that up there just because that boy up there is hot lol, he'll be playing the male protagonist in my next story! :)

My Goals:

135 Votes
8 Comments

-Margareth Valley