¢нαρтєя 20

Unedited

¢σρуяιgнт © 2015 Margareth Valley
All Rights Reserved

HUNGER GAMES
MOCKING JAY

This is the start of how it all ever ends.
They used to shout my name, now they whisper it.
I'm speeding up and this is the,
Red, orange, yellow flicker beat sparking up my heart.
We rip the start, the colors disappear.
I never watch the stars there's so much down here,
So I just try to keep up with them.
Red, orange, yellow flicker beat sparking up my heart.

-Lorde "Yellow Flicker Beat"

¢нαρтєя 20

Avan's humanoid form tugs me to the Costarelli property once more. I meet the unsuspecting eyes of his mother, who I learned was named Giselle. A warm name for a cold woman. Her eyes immediately hardens at the sight of me, she turns her back towards us and resumes to go inside the huge home.

"Thank you, Leah."

A surprising mumble came from her stiff form. The sweat covering my face was cold, and my legs were numb. But hearing her say, thank you, to me was a first. And hearing her not mess up my name was also quite the show. "For what?" I manage to cough out.

She looks towards me and glares, "For everything, don't make me repeat it."

Avan's chuckle filled the tense room, as he pulls me to his bare chest. He was lucky Tyson found an extra pair of pants for Avan's naked form.

Bore twinges across Tyson's face. Before I practically remember why I was here in the first place.

"Where's Addie?" I sputtered, searching the clean living room for her blonde hair.

Tyson shrugs, while Avan becomes alarmed. "We didn't even know Adeline was here." Tyson mutters, while their mother ushers herself into the kitchen after hearing a shrieking cry.

I shot up to my feet, and rushed to the door. "I'm going to find Addie!" I exclaimed, unhappy at the fact she was still out there. Sure, there was a chance she had made it to the city. But the chances were small. Seeing as the woods was a wide place.

Avan yanks my arm back, my back hitting his warm chest. I shudder at our proximity, his cool breath breathing down my neck. "No you will not." He commands, his arms slithering around my waist enveloping me in his woodsy smell.

"Don't touch me!" I shout, tugging his arm away. "I have a boyfriend! And I need to look for Addie." I said, once more making an attempt to open the door. A freezing hand grasps my wrist.

"Avan's right, you being out there will only endanger her far more. The Costarelli pack soldiers will look for her." A small voice peaks.

To my utter surprise it was Dennis. I glance warily at him. Avan nods as well, "They'll look out for her."

I glare at them, "She is the only thing! And I will look for her." I claimed, slapping Dennis' hands off, angered. Ethan better watch his back, he was not going to take away my little sister.