¢нαρтєя 28

Unedited

¢σρуяιgнт © 2015 Margareth Valley
All Rights Reserved

Dear future husband,
Here's a few things you'll need to know if you wanna be,
My one and only all my life.
Dear future husband,
If you wanna get that special lovin'
Tell me I'm beautiful each and every night.

-Meghan Trainor "Dear Future Husband"

¢нαρтєя 28

VVV

Avan stepped down from the podium, a tiny group gathered in front of him wore black clothing, and he could practically taste the rain about to sprout.

Cole's pale dead body lay in a casket, he looked peaceful, though Avan didn't know what his best friend really felt. Avan blends into the small crowd, as he watches Cole's brother bit his lip to prevent bursting into tears.

"Cole was a twat, but he was a nice one. He was like this pimple you just couldn't get rid of. Sure, at times he seemed like a perverted teenage boy, however he was probably the best perverted teenage boy anyone ever knew." Cole's little brother sniffled, a slight chuckle lifting the moods of the audience. "Cole was always so secretive, even to me--his own family! But no matter how suspicious he was, you could always count on him. And I just couldn't believe Cole went like this, I can't believe I won't be telling his story, of how he died defending his pack. Or hoe he died honorably, but clichèly, for his one and true love. Even though, Cole's story might now be much, his memory will continue living through me."

And with that Cole's little brother trudged off the podium, just as Avan once did. Avan felt the remorse within him, the sadness, and he knew he never-- for the rest of his life, attend another funeral.

It was just too painful for him.

His wolf whimpers as the rain flicks down to his hair, he hated water. But he'd withstand it for the duration of his friend's funeral.

A tap to the shoulder caught his attention, while the preacher chants respectful meanings to the corpse of his friend, Avan turns to see Cole's younger brother appear next to him.

"Alpha Avan, I am Markus, Cole's--..."

"Younger brother, yes, I know." Avan interrupts.

Markus smiles, "I found this," He raised a silent hand holding a thin paper, "it was addressed to you." Markus shoves the nearly crumpled paper to Avan's hands.

Markus glances one last time at his Alpha, before shrugging at the curious look his Alpha gave him. "I'll be leaving." Markus says, while turning away and leaving Avan's sights.

Avan opens the frail letter, reading each word carefully.

Dear Avan,

If you're reading this, it means I'm dead. And therefore, as apart of the dead, I don't have to call you Alpha.

Anyways, back to the point of this letter, I know you like Adeline's sister, now listen closely-- no read closely, don't miss out on your happiness. Stop wallowing in that hole of self pity, and insecurities, and just go.

Spend every breathing moment with who completes you, because I guarantee-- if you don't make the best of whatever time you've got left, you'll regret it.

Sincerely,
Your dead Beta

Avan stared at the crinkled paper, and then he knew something for sure.

His dead friend, was right.

VVV

There was a moment in my life, that I'd dream of somebody, anybody, to ask me those exact the words Aiden just asked.

But now, I didn't sit right with the him saying them.

I wanted somebody else to say it, I just didn't know who.

Oh that's right, Avan.

"N-no." I whispered to him, a stern look covering my stoic expression.

He looked taken back, before returning to his genuine confused smile. "Leah, don't do this. I love you, you love me, we're meant to be."

I shook my head rapidly, "No, just no." I quickly stated.

He gets back on his two feet his face flushing from the certain attention brought to him in the restaurant. "Why?" He asks, his expression breaking my heart.

"I loved you, but-... I just never trusted you, in marriage trust is everything." I admitted, twirling my coarse hair.

He sighs, sitting back down, by now everyone in the restaurant was back to minding their own business. "Leah, you don't understand, I have secrets, yes, but they're to keep you safe. To keep everyone safe."

I pinched the bridge of my nose, "That's the exact thing, I can't have a husband, the very person I sleep next to at night, that I don't trust."

He bites his lip, "I'll tell you the truth, someday."

I closed my eyes momentarily, "no Aiden, I can't do this anymore." I snapped, reopening my eyes. "I never know where you are, what you're doing, who you're with. You break up with me to go to the Caribbean, then come back and expect me to just take you back? The old me would've, but I've changed."

He gives out a frustrated noise, "You're not supposed to change."

"Well I did, while it scares me, nobody can stop change." I muttered.

"It's them isn't it? It's those idiotic monsters!" He accused.

I scoffed, "What monsters?" Pretending I didn't know what Avan is.

"The werewolves. They brainwashed you, didn't they?" He insisted.

"What- No, Aiden, you're not making any sense." I grunted.

"No, I'm right, aren't I? Don't worry, Leah, I'll help you."

And with that, he stands, tugging my elbow away from our table. "Where are we going?" I asked, aware that Aiden was in his in denial mode.

"I'm telling you the truth. That's what you want, right?"

* * * * *
When good things happen....

"God really does exist!"

Lol, me in a nutshell if I ever pull the lottery.

My Goals:

125 Votes
13 Comments

Lots of love,
Margareth