Prologue: Flashforward

The One

Fueling the Fire

Prologue

Flashforward

  Crowds are screaming. They're chanting their old name. This hadn't happened since 2007. Yeah, it was that long ago. Now? They're back with a new name, new look, and new sound.

  This was in New York City, and the crowds were surrounding a stage. This stage was for the morning show, Good Morning America. The crowds have waited this long to see their favourite band perform again in America. They were screaming for "UTurn," but they're not UTurn anymore. They're 7th Anthem, the hottest young adult pop group in Britain and all of Europe.

  Alyson Bauer was dressed in black and white clothes: White tank top, black shrug, and black mini-tutu. She wore black, flat boots with white socks popping out on the top of the boots. Her hair was big, curly, and blonde with colored extensions. She, along with the other members, waited backstage to go perform.

  Then she saw Andrew Hawthorne walking up to her. He was also dressed in black and white clothes. He wore a white tee-shirt, black blazer with the sleeves rolled up, and black skinny jeans. He wore black combat boots over the pants. He had an eyebrow piercing on his right brow, a nose ring, and a lip ring. His hair was short and coiffed. His coiffed, black hair was lighten with a light brown colour. He smiled as he walked up to her. In the past, he was this cute teenage boy. Now he's a grown man with a strong body.

  When he approached her, he kissed her on the top of her head. Alyson smiled as she asked, "Why didn't you kiss my lips?"

  Andrew replied, "I don't want to ruin your makeup right before we perform."

  "Aww, you're sweet, but you're gonna ruin it when we return to the hotel."

  Andrew laughed, and then asked, "Are you nervous? Excited?"

  "A little bit of both. I mean, we haven't performed in the US in years. We're not these cute teenagers anymore. We're sexy adults. Sometimes I wonder if the American public can accept us, or go all 'Miley Cyrus' on us."

  "We won't know until we perform. Look, I love England. Working in the UK was the best experience we ever had, but I'm American. I miss our fans, the performances, and working here."

  "But I bet you don't miss Beacon Hill High."

  "That place? All the Beacon Hill public schools are ancient history. All it matters now is that we move forward."

  With that, Alyson and Andrew hugged. Then it was time to perform. As the 7th Anthem members were about to go on stage, Andrew asked Alyson, "Are you ready?"

  Alyson replied with a determined grin, "Let's take back America."