Chapter6: United States of American UTurn Fans

DOUBLE-CHAPPY POST! =D

_________________________________________________________________________

Chapter6-United States of American UTurn Fans

September 5, 2009

 It's now September. 7th Anthem's comeback single, Over You, was major hit across Britain. After a week of being the number two single, they made number one. The chart battle between them and JLS was intense, and it lasted for about a month. Eventually, the two singles fell into the top 20 charts.

 Because of 7A's enormous return to the charts, they very successful in the rest of Europe. Now they're getting ready to release another single, The Heart Beats Again.

 As for now, it was the premiere party for 7A's much-hyped TV series, The Delinquents. The show was going to air on the following Monday night on E4.

 It was afternoon, and 7A were getting ready for the party. They were in their new, posh condo in West London. Then their intercom at the door said, "Package for A7."

 "A7" was codeword for "7th Anthem," and the person at the intercom was one of the band's assistants. Alyson opened the door, and the assistant gave the package to her. After she closed the door, Andrew approached her, asking, "What's in the package?"

 Alyson opened the package, and saw what it was. It was a DVD, with a plain white cover. The title was United States of UTurn-The Pilot. She replied, "It's a DVD of that show we were supposed to film."

 Then the couple gathered the members to watch this 20-minute episode. After it was over, they were impressed with the quality of their old show.

 Justin then asked, "Why were we sent this DVD?"

 Andrew replied, "Probably because they know we're about to premiere our new programmme."

 Then Libby suggested, "Why don't show this to our fans? They should know what could've happened if we continued on as UTurn. And besides, our fans would see the contrast between our two programmes."

 Alyson said, "We could do that, but this was a Disney show. I don't think we have the rights to air this on E4."

 Andrew said, "We can talk to the producers tonight, and hear what they have to say."

 The members agreed, and they went back to get ready.

 It's now evening. There were screaming fans at a posh hotel. They were screaming for 7A, but a lot of them held posters, saying "I love Andrew Hawthorne" and "Marry me, Justin Harrison." There's even a "Love me, Trevor."

 There were also gossip reporters and paparazzi waiting for 7A to arrive. As for the band themselves, they were in a black van with tinted windows. They were overwhelmed by the amount of screaming fans they have. Sure, they got love during the UTurn years, but not like this! They even have police escorts surrounding their van!

 Justin asked Alyson absently, "Do you have the DVD?"

 She replied, "I do. It's in my purse."

 Then the van stopped at the hotel where the party was being held. 7A got out, and were greeted by screams and cameras flashing. They posed for pictures and they signed autographs.

 Once they went inside the hotel, one of their assistants approached them, saying, "Right now, your Twitter pages are blowing up with petitions."

 Andrew asked, "Why and on what?"

 "These are petitions made by UTurn fans in America and Canada. They're basically demanding 7th Anthem to return to North America."

 With that, 7A stopped walking. Alyson asked, "Wait, we still have fans back in the US?"

"I guess so," said the assistant.

 "Um, thanks."

 With that, the band walked away.

 It was later that night, and 7A were at a table. They saw Alyson talking with one of the executives of E4. After a few minutes, she walked back to the band.

 Trevor asked, "So, what did he say?"

 Alyson replied, "E4 will try to buy the rights from Disney to air the pilot episode right before they air The Delinquents."

 Then Justin asked, "So, what do we do about our American fans? Can we go back to the US?"

 Amanda scoffed, "You see how Miley Cyrus is being treated these days? It was like that when we were UTurn, and sure as hell will still be like that if we were to come back."

 Bailey said, "True, but you never know. Maybe the American public will forgive us. Look at Europe. They forgave us, so why can't America?"

 Andrew replied, "I'm not sure if the American public can take us back. We had a ton of backlashes during the UTurn years. Yeah, we recovered quickly in Europe, and we probably will in Canada. But the US? I'm not so sure."

 Then Alyson suggested, "Why don't we do a Twitcam chat with our American fans? We shouldn't ignore them. They apparently waited for our comeback, and they were obviously aware that we're now 7th Anthem. It's the least we could do for them."

  With that, the members agreed.

 It's the next day. 7A got permission from their management to host a Twitcam chat. They announced it on their MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter pages.

 The chat was a success. 7A talked about how they came up with the name; their experience working in London; and revealed little tidbits of their UTurn years. On top of that, Andyson, Bailstin, and Trebby finally opened up their relationships. Andyson was obviously the most popular couple.

 Then their fans asked when 7A would return to the US. It struck a chord with the members. Alyson told them, "Um, we're not sure. When we were in the US, we were very controversial for the split-personality concept. When we dropped from our previous labels and management, we tried to get signed. We were told that we weren't what America's looking for. That's why we had to go to Britain. There was a gap for a band like us, and we took advantage of it."

 Then Andrew added, "Maybe we'll return to America next year. It just depends on how well our album will sell. We'll talk with our management, and find out what they say. Whatever happens, we'll announce on our pages the news."

 With that, the chat was over. They logged off Twitter, and put down the laptop screen. They sat there in silence...until Alyson said firmly, "We need to make a comeback in American."

 Amanda asked, "What about the American media? They'll try to destroy us by bringing up our past."

 "Well, f*ck them. We're not gonna let them get in the way of our return to the US."

 The members agreed. The next day, they set up a meeting with their management team. The plan is set for 7A to return to the US. All they need now is chart success and an America major label.

___________________________________________________________________________

7TH ANTHEM'S SONG, "THE HEART BEATS AGAIN," IS IN THE VIDEO>>>