Chapter8: Big, Bad, New Decade

Chapter8-Big, Bad, New Decade

January 4, 2009

 It's now January 2010. It was a brand new decade, and for 7th Anthem, it was only the beginning. The band was at a meeting to discuss end-of-year sales and plans for 2010.

 Their manager, Paul, started, "Well, 2009 has been a big year for Britain's hottest American pop group, 7th Anthem. Your comeback right is in full swing. Your album is now multi-platinum here, and it's on way to platinum status in the rest of Europe. You're now signed to major Sony-related labels in Asia, Australia, and Latin America. You will be releasing your album later this year."

 Alyson asked, "What about North America?"

 Paul replied, "We're in talks with Colombia Records. They're very interested in signing."

 The 7A members were thrilled to hear this. Paul continued, "Now your TV programme, The Delinquents, you already know it's been picked up for a second series. You'll be filming 20 episodes."

 "Also, your tour has been a major success. You'll be doing another tour later this year. Instead of performing in theatres, you'll be performing in arenas. Also, not only you'll be performing in the British Isles, you be in arenas in Europe. If your album sells in Asia and Australia, the tour will be extended. And if you make a successful comeback in the US, you'll have a concert in your hometown of Boston."

 The 7A members were excited about this news. They haven't had a concert in the US since 2006. Paul added, "This March, you'll start pre-production for your second album. We're planning on having it released sometime early next year. But due to high demand, this summer you'll be releasing a mini-album to continue promotion of ReInvention. Lady Gaga did this, so why not take advantage of this?"

 The members agreed. They've released mini-albums before as UTurn, but they were released before their major album. Soon, the meeting was over.

 When 7A returned to their condo, they saw Riley and Stacie inside. Alyson asked, "What are you guys doing in here?"

 Stacie said excitedly, "We got some exciting news."

 Riley said, also excitedly, "We got solo contracts!"

The girls screamed while the guys congratulated Riley and Stacie. Alyson asked, "What label are you signed on?"

 Riley replied, "We're both signed onto Colombia Records UK. We're also under Modest Management."

 Andrew said, "This is great! You two deserved this, especially you, Riley."

 "Thanks, Andrew," Riley said as she hugged him.

 Then the nine friends decided to celebrate Stacie and Riley's big breaks, along with 7A's plans.

 A few days later, Ethan was in his apartment, reading 7A news on his laptop. So far, the only thing Ethan has going for himself was 7A's TV series. He tries to feed off the success from 7A, but he's still very much hated.

 He saw on the band's official website that they announced their plans for 2010. He started to fume with anger. He couldn't believe 7A was enlarging their success with a European tour and a mini-album. They're even planning to record their second album.

 Then Ethan came up with an idea to bring down 7A. Will he go through with. Will it work? Who knows, but one thing's for sure, 2010 was going to be a very exciting year.