Chapter1: Reinvented Reality

Chapter1-Reinvented Reality

January 5, 2009

  It's January of 2009, and it's filled with hope. One of the most popular acts of The X Factor, 7th Anthem, was at their first meeting since early 2008 as UTurn. As soon as they signed their contract with Syco Music and Sony Music, they were given a new website, 7thanthemofficial.co.uk; they were given a new MySpace page; and their first ever Facebook page, Twitter verified account, and YouTube page. As for their old websites (uturnmusic.com and uturnofficial.ru) and two MySpace pages, the websites have now closed, while their pages are defunct.

  At their first meeting, they met their management team, Modest Management, Simon Cowell, and their mentor Louis Walsh. One of the members of the management team, Paul, started the meeting: "First off, we'd like to congratulate 7th Anthem getting signed to a new major label. They deserve the best as they are very talented."

  Everyone applauded 7A while the band grinned from ear to ear. Then Paul continued, "Now, onto business. First off, 7th Anthem will start rehearsals for The X Factor Live Tour tomorrow. The concert is having two choreographers, and you'll given one of them."

  Simon chimed in, "And of those choreographers will officially be yours. He'll choreograph for your performances and music videos."

  Paul continued, "Which brings the next set of plans. You will start recording your album. Now, I'm aware you've actually recorded your third UTurn album in late 2007, and it was projected to release last year. But you were dropped from your previous management and record labels. So as a result, this album will be your third, but it'll also be your debut as 7th Anthem."

  Louis added, "We also have another plan for you. 7th Anthem will have a TV programme. Now, we're aware that you had a mildly successful web programme, Breaking Out of High School. And you also started filming a Disney-produced TV show, United States of UTurn. Unfortunately, you only filmed the pilot episode."

  Simon said, "Your programme is titled The Delinquents. Right now, the plot is being written, but we do have information on it. There will be thirteen 45-minute episodes, and it has been picked by E4. The programme revolves around seven diverse, though troubled, teenagers in Newcastle. Their school's headmaster decides to start a performing arts after-school program, and these teenagers are forced to join. They eventually form a pop group, and try to get signed on a TV reality competition."

  Paul chimed in, "This programme will be lot more mature than your Disney projects. It's appropriate for your transition from teen stars to young adult stars; which leads to your music. You'll be using re-recorded and updated versions of your UTurn songs. Now, onto your album, you are allowed to have some say into it."

  With that, the 7A members smiled. Alyson suggested, "Well, we should do what we did on The X Factor: Electro-power-pop-rock. It was popular with both our established fans and new fans."

  The management team, Simon, and Louis liked the idea. Then Paul said, "You'll begin rehearsals tomorrow for The X Factor tour."

  It's the next day, and it was the start of The X Factor tour dance rehearsals. 7A was in one of the dance room in a dance building. As they were waiting for their rehearsals to start, they saw a familiar face enter the room.

  It was former S Club 8 member Brandon Hilton! Alyson squealed as she saw him, as did the other 7A girls. The boys, on the other hand, were unfazed. Justin asked Brandon casually, "Are you one of the backup dancers?"

  Brandon replied, "No, I'm actually co-choreographing for The X Factor tour."

  The 7A girls squealed again. Brandon gave a small laugh, and said, "It's nice to see I have American fans. By the way, I looked into your past as UTurn. You were very much like S Club 8, but with a split personality."

  Alyson gushed, "That was our concept, except for the split personality part. That was our old management's plan."

  Andrew chimed in, though bitterly, "It was all Alyson's idea."

 Alyson then laughed nervously, and so did Brandon. After an awkward silence, Brandon announced, "Okay! Let's get started."

 Then Alyson pushed Andrew aside, and scolded him, "What the hell was wrong with your attitude?"

 Andrew rolled his eyes and sighed heavily as he replied, "It's just that you're gushing over a former teen popstar who, I'm guessing, will be our choreographer."

  "Andrew, Brandon is my favorite S Club 8 member. He's super hot and talented, but then again, it's not like you like notice."

  "That's cuz one, you're my girlfriend, and two, I'm straight. You'd think I'd care?"

  Then Alyson's face grew a smug grin. She asked, "Are you jealous cuz I'm crushing on Brandon and that he could be our choreographer?"

  "Aly..."

  "Don't worry, Andy, I'm not gonna leave you for him. I got see you naked, and we hooked up. You're very much mine."

  Alyson then gave a light kiss on Andrew's lips. Andrew then asked her, "Why do you have to call me Andy?"

  "Because I know it annoys you."

  Andrew laughed, and the couple went back to their rehearsal.

  It's an hour later, and 7A were on break. So far, they've already learned three routines, and they've picked up the choreography really quickly.

  Andrew approached Brandon during the break. Brandon saw him, and asked, "What is it?"

  Andrew replied roughly, "Look, Alyson has this huge crush on you, or fancies you, or whatever you guys say in British English. But she's my girlfriend. We've known each other since we were six. She didn't get into S Club 8 until she was 14. She may have stalked you on the internet like any other crazy fan-girl you've had, but she and I have history. So don't try to seduce her away from me."

  Brandon looked around, and lead Andrew out of the dance studio, and into the bathroom. He then told Andrew in a serious tone, "Andrew, I'm gay."

  Andrew then stared at Brandon, and asked, "Wait, what?"

  "It's true. I have no interest in your girlfriend, or any other girl for that matter."

  Then there was an awkward silence, that is until Brandon spoke up, "Look, we need to get back to rehearsals."

  "Uh, yeah," Andrew said awkwardly, and followed him back to the dance studio.

  It's now evening, and 7A were back at their studio apartment...well, just the girls. The guys were at a nearby bistro. Andrew couldn't quite shake off the fact that Brandon, Alyson's teenage celebrity crush, was gay. He needed to figure out how to tell her this news, so he decided to talk to the guys about this.

  Andrew started, "I've always been jealous of Brandon ever since she got into S Club 8. Hell, she would always compare me to him. Yeah, Brandon and I have some similarities, but we're different from each other, especially since he told me that he's gay. I've kind of suspected that ever since I caught Alyson looking at the most recent photos of him on a fan-site."

  Justin asked, "So, what do you want us to do?"

  "That's just it. I don't know if I should break the news to Alyson or not. I don't want to see her hurt, but she needs to get over him. I mean, Brandon's one of the choreographers of The X Factor tour, and he could be ours. I don't want her to keep gushing over him when he'll never express interest in her. God, I sound like I'm giving her to Brandon."

  Justin and Trevor thought for a moment. Andrew, desperate for a solution, asked, "Well? What should I do?"

  Justin replied, "Honestly, I don't know."

  "Trevor?"

  Trevor replied, "Same here. Look, this is between you and Alyson. You need to break the news to her soon, or else she'll find out, and it wouldn't be from you."

  With that, Andrew put his head on the table.