Captured {For sale}

The room seemed to spin as she tried to step across the floor. She lost her balance and fell. The room stilled, and she saw that there was a chair not far away, but it hadn't been there before. She tried to get up, but something seemed to be holding her down.

Suddenly a man appeared in the chair, black as night, with eyes that burned with hate. She knew this man. But then she didn't. Thoughts seemed to escape her.

"Come to me, child? The man said, "you cannot resist me any longer. Come, and join me."

The girl tried to back away. She did not want to be anywhere near this man, though she didn't know why.

"I will never join you, Lazarus," she said in a shaky voice. Lazarus? Where did that name come from? The memory seemed to be sitting just out of reach.

"So, you remember my name, girl," he laughed, "maybe you aren't as lost as you seemed."

She struggled to rise, to get away from this man who's laugh seemed to strike her with it's every sound, but it felt as though she were held, pushed against the floor by an invisible weight, pushing the air out of her.

"Let me go!" she screamed.

The weight suddenly got heavier, and heavier, pushing her into the floor, until....