Chapter 23

~Goodbyes are Hard~

Thomas's Point of View

Chuck. Chuck saved me. He took the bullet for me. He won't die. He can't die.

Minho threw a spear at Gally and Dr. Ava Paige killed herself. We don't need them apparently.

I saw Chuck on the floor crying in pain. The bullet hit him right next to his heart.

He pulled out the small carving he showed me once. He told me he would give it to his parents when he meets them again.

I looked around to see Newt and Lucy hysterical crying. Lucy put Chuck's head in her lap, brushing his curly mop of hair.

Chuck grabbed my hand. I looked down with tears in my eyes. He put the small carving in my hand.

"Take it." He said.

"No, your giving it to your parents. Your not going to die." I said crying more.

"Take it." He said again. I let him place it in my hand. He closed my hand then brought his eyes to the ceiling.

"Thank you."

"Thank you."

Then, Chuck was gone. Lucy and Newt were sobbing along with me. Lucy placed Chuck's head down and came over to Newt. She hugged him and buried her face in the crook of his neck. She sobbed even more.

I was still crying yelling for Chuck to come back. We sat there sobbing . Some of the other Gladers who weren't as close to Chuck got up and began to look around.

I think out of the three of us, Newt was taking it the worse. Chuck was like a brother to him. They were always together. For Lucy and I, Chuck was like a best friend.

Minho came over mumbling that it was all his fault. That we all should have never came.

I just sat there sobbing even more.

Lucy's Point of View

Nothing.

There is nothing I can do. Nothing I can do for Chuck. Nothing I can do for Newt and Tommy. Nothing I can do for myself.

A piece of our hearts were taken away today. Chuck was a brother symbol to Newt. He was a best friend to Tommy and I. Then a rage of anger came upon me.

Gally.

Dr. Ava Paige.

I looked around to see them both of the floor. I released the hug from Newt and walked over to where they were. I pulled the spear out of Gally's chest and was going to throw it at his head when someone stopped me.

Minho.

He had tears streaming down his face. He grabbed the spear and threw it on the floor. I felt more tears coming upon me. My lip trembled and a sob came out. He picked me up and hugged me. I broke down in the comfort of his arms.

He rubbed my back, calming me down. He whispered soothing things into me ear.

"It's ok Lucy. It's ok." He cooed.
I pulled myself away from him. I didn't even realize that we were sitting on the floor.

He looked at me and wiped the tears of my face.

"Minho. This isn't your fault." I said with my voice cracking.

"Yes it is. If I never brought everyone here, Chuck would still be alive." He with tears streaming down his face again. I placed his head under my chin and rubbed his shoulders.

"Shhh." I cooed. Then all of the sudden, a wall came crashing down and men dressed in black came in.

They ran over to us, grabbed our arms and pulled us outside. I looked back to see Minho wrestling the guard until a needle was put into his neck causing him to pass out.

"MINHO!" I yelled. For all I know, they could have just killed him.

"Tommy? Tommy?" I said mentally.

"What?"

"How are you acting so calm? These men just took Minho and-

"They are taking us away from here." He said cutting me off.

"Are you sure? They just-"

"Lucy I'm positive. Now let's go." He said cutting me off again.

Chuck. Did they grab Chuck? I started squirm around.

"No no! We left a dead boy there. He doesn't deserve to be there! Please we need to go back for him." I cried.

The two people who had me remained silent. They didn't even try to put up a fight with me.

We went outside and I felt like the sun is right next to me. The heat was horrible. It was so hot. I looked on what we were walking on.

Sand.

"Are we in a desert?" I asked one of the men who had me. He didn't respond just kept walking. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. All I wanted was some answers to where we are going.

I looked ahead to see a helicopter. I saw the Gladers inside of it. I gave up in squirming around in their grip and let them tell me where to go.

We arrived at the helicopter and I was basically thrown in.

"Ow." I mumbled rubbing my head.

"You alright?" Newt asked. He still looked horrible from what happened inside.

"Yea. Just hit my head. Thank you though." I said.

I looked to see Minho being dragged by his arms. Whatever they injected into him didn't kill him because if they did, they would have left him with all of the dead bodies.

Minho was put in the helicopter and it took off. He was mumbling something while he was passed out. I looked around to see less Gladers than before.

"Newt?" I asked.

"Yea?"

"What happened to everyone else that was with us?"

"They said that we are important."

It was me, Minho, Tommy, Newt, Frypan, Winston, Clint and a Glader I didn't know so well.

"What happened to them?"

"I don't know."

No one talked anymore. We just looked out the window in shock. The maze. It looked like nothing. You could see all of the different pathways and entrances from up above it.

I looked over to Newt and went to give him a hug. He gladly returned it by hugging me back harder. I smiled softly and laid my head against his chest.

I soon fell asleep wondering where we would be going.

Hey guys sorry this was a really crappy chapter. Also sorry that I haven't posted again in two days. I've been sick lately and I haven't had my head on straight. Also next week may be weird with updates because I have midterms.

Anyway hope you guys enjoyed Chapter 23 ~Goodbyes Are Hard~
Bye!

l🌞