Chapter 22

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haha! Same as last time!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We both step forward and grab our weapons. The instructors step aside and everyone forms a ring around us. We circle each other warily before the fighting starts. John swings at my shins and I jump up to avoid it. she swings again, this time at my head and I twirl to the left. My dagger slashes out to hit his stomach but he blocks it with the length of the staff. I disengage and roll to the right. With quick slashes and thrusts, I force John back to the edge of the circle. He blocks each one successfully but is to concentrated on me to do much else. I use his distraction to my advantage and make a fake swipe at his leg. He steps right to avoid it and I step with him. My knife starts to go to his neck but he smirks.

'Huh?' Raine is confused. 'We're about to win, why is he smirking?'

I mentally shrug. 'Who knows.'

The dagger is almost to his neck when his staff flashes in the sun and knocks it out of my hand.

'Oh.' Rayne says 'That's why he was smirking...' I roll my eyes at her.

Before I can make a wild dive for my weapon, John is around to my back and his staff is pressed against my stomach. I can feel him breathing heavily behind me and his staff moves up and down with each breath. He has a steady hold on it though, one hand on each end, me behind it and pressed against his front. No one speaks for a moment before I stomp my foot twice in defeat and his stance relaxes. He does not, however, release the staff, so I am still pressed against him.

"Ahem.."I clear my throat and he looks down. "Umm." I gesture to the staff.

"Huh? Oh! Yeah!" he releases one hand and I turn to look at him. His cheeks are rosy and I realize he is blushing.

'Awww!' Rayne coos 'He looks so cute!' I cough to hide my laughter and Rayne smiles sweetly. The students all swarm over John, talking about the fight and how amazing he was. I roll my eyes but laugh when John sends me a look of pure terror that says, 'help me!!!!!'. I start to wade through the sea of bodies and eventually get to the middle and John. He smiles at me and tells out,
"Guys! Shut up!" It has an immediate affect and everyone is quiet. "Ok. So, um... Well..." I decide to take pity on him.
"Everyone go away! If you don't, John here won't teach you how to do that last move!" The mass contemplates that for a while before agreeing and leaving to watch the next fight.
"Zircon!" John whines "Now I have to show them that last move."
"Nope." I disagree.
"Huh?"
"Well, I said if they didn't go away, you wouldn't show them the move right?" He nods " Well, I never said that you would show it to them in the first place."
"Wha... OH! That makes sense."
"Come on! Let's go! Hunter said we could go after we finished our duels." I tug impatiently on his arm. He laughs at my childish antics but still allows me to pull him towards the school.
'Aww!' Here goes Rayne again. 'He's so cute! You guys would look so cute together!!!' I almost fall but John catches my waist. We're now in that awkward position you always see in the movies. Oops.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, what do you guys think about John?? What about Soul? Hunter? Alex? Derreck? Crap!!! You don't know about Derreck yet!! Forget about him! He's not important! *sweats heavily* Opps????
Anywho, comment and vote if you liked it! If you didn't, tell me what I could fix! Also, if there are any grammatical things wrong, please tell me! Maybe if you do, I'll tell you who Derreck is... Psych!!! Never. He's not important. Yet... *smirks evilly*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------