Trying Too Hard

"Ew." You mumble.

Freezing on the spot, Oikawa looked down at you with wide eyes. Dramatically, both your surroundings changed into one of darkness, and a spotlight on Tooru. It seemed that an arrow just hit his chest, then came in another, and another. "Are you okay, Oikawa-san?" You mutter with uninterested eyes, "It looked like you died for a moment."

"(Y/n)-hime how could you? Doing this to me?!" He shrieks, a hand to his forehead. "You are so full of yourself, try being normal for once! Not everyone likes your attitude." You whispered. You hated these types of guys, really. The ones that girls usually flaunt over, wanting to be the center of attention, and the worst part is that they would actually want more.

He dashed to your face, deliberately holding onto your wrists. "H-hey! What are you doing– I told you not to call me 'hime'!" You struggle, wanting to punch him for calling you that honorific. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! (Y/n)-chan, at least tell me what I should do to win you over!" He sheepishly pleads. His eyes were shiny, just like last time, he fell on his knees, just like last time, and he was pleading, just like last time.

"And you think your routine would win me over?" You glare.

"Id like to see you leave."

A new week came, and you swore you knew something would happen. Trekking without a thought, you made your way to the classroom. "Hime! Hime!" A determined voice sprang from the end of the hallway. You cringed at the words, turning back. He was running with roses and chocolate, never forgetting to look as cool as possible. Well, it didn't look quite cool to you, there were some students that were blocking him and his face would contort in irritation. The sight caught you off-guard and you began giggling. His face lit up by seeing your amused face and wonderful voice. It looked like his simple act made you come back to life. Huffing a bit, he stood up straight with a dork grin. "Here, If you want me to change, I am going to here and now." He declares with hopeful eyes.

You took the little gifts and stared at the floor, deciding whether or not to forgive him. He shuffles slightly, thinking you didn't want him back. After looking around to pass time, he finally couldn't take it and sighed. "H-hime.." He stuttered. You pull a hand up his face, to which he cringed slightly. Placing it on his cheek, he hit he his breath. He thought you'd slap him! "These gifts are nice." The four words came out your mouth, and it was music to his ears. His slouchy and sulky state diminished into one of happiness. "Woo! I can't wait to tell Iwa-chan! He'll get so jealous!"

"(Y/n)-chan!" The next day you see Tooru standing by the gate, waving at you. You wave back, giving him a smile. He grins in response,  rubbing the back of his neck. "Good morning." He slyly says. "Morning, Tooru!" You beam, stopping in front of him. He rubs your head affectionately and takes hold of your hand. "Today is going to be so heavenly because of you~" he states so smoothly. You slap him lightly, a look of pure loathing scribbled on your eyes. "You're so cheesy!" Trying to look away, he got a hold of your chin and made you turn to him. "You're adorable..."

"I can't..!" You struggle to reach a book. It was dismissal and everyone went home, except for the volleyball team. You figured you should wait for Oikawa since you're back together again. Also since this is where you usually go to wait for something. Huffing deeply, you stop for a few seconds to slouch and breathe. "Let your senpai handle it." A voice rings through your ears. You gasp, looking up. Seeing a novel in the possession of your beloved, you gave a pout. "Romeo and Juliet?" He smirks, "Careful okay? It's like, rated TMFY or something."

You look at him, narrowing your eyes. What the hell was rated TMFY? He laughs, seeing your reaction. It eventually died pretty fast; he put up a pointer finger. "Rated Too Mature For You." He states with closed eyes. You giggle, shaking your head and kissing his cheek. He suddenly got flustered and averted from your eyes. He hid his mouth, covering the hassle of a blush. You giggle more, poking the sides of his body. He scoots away from you, two hands trying to cover his whole face.
Walking back from school with a comfortable silence, you took the brunette's hand and rubbed it with your thumb. Releasing a content sigh, he replied with a quiet hum. Reaching your house, he pecks your cheek, bending a little. You do the same, hugging him before you part ways. "Good night, (Y/n)!" He calls. "You too!" Closing the door, you slide to the floor, happily in a daze. "I'm happy we're back together."