A Game For Only Two

"Yes!" You squeak, taking the sweet little orange head in your arms. "Let's see what your brother would do, Natsu." You spoke in a hushed voice, boring into the small sleeping figure. "And off we go?" You asked, expecting no answer. Sighing, you walked to the window and gracefully leapt out. Leaving the dark room with neon graffiti, you were sure they would be coming after you.

"Send in all officers and find Shoyou's sister!" Officer Daichi screeches through the radio, ordering other officers around. "What exactly happened, Hinata?" Operative Sugawara asked slowly. "I don't even know, Suga! I was just doing police work then went home, stumped. Then in the morning I saw Natsu– Wait, no! I didn't see her!" Deputy Hinata stumbled over words, really worried for his little sister.

"Um, real sorry here, but.. Name of sibling?" Suga asks with a sweat drop. In every case he had to solve, it's ritual to ask for the victim's name. He actually knows Natsu Hinata himself, but the ritual.. He scoots to his trusty computer, ready to type. "Didn't you hear me, Suga-san?! NATSU!" Shoyou shrieks. "We'll help you, honestly! Do calm down!" He abruptly stands, moving his hands to the orange police officer, in an attempt to calm him.

Facing his computer after a few minutes of prying Shoyou to sit down and calm down, Koushi deliberately typed in Natsu Hinata. The computer was loading, same old same old, until it suddenly got into static. "W-what?" Suga says out loud. Not knowing what to do, he pushes the Enter button.

"I would help you, Operative, but buying me pork buns was a bad idea."

As expected, nothing happened. An exasperated sigh followed suit. "I can take those buns to the trash if you'd like."

"N-no!"

Next was the Ctrl+Tab combo. The computer responded by sending in tons of pop-ups. "Ew." He irately muttered. "Yea—"
"Shut up with your side comments." The great Operative interjected, pressing his mouse a few times. The computer finally gave in and turned to blue screen. "What the hell."

Zzzzzt!

"H---hello?" A voice came out of the speakers, but static came along with it. The voice sounded like a guy. "Operative? That you, sir?" It asked. Hinata looks up from his food, surprised. Suga just stared at it intensely. He couldn't move or think of anything else other than what the hell the hacker looked like. One thing was that he wanted to know who looked hotter, and another thing was that the owner of the voice could be the suspect.

"Not that it matters if it's you or not." It muttered in a low voice. "Ah, do you idiots know where Hinata's sister is?" Hearing the sudden mention of his sister's name, Hinata slams his palms unto the desk. "Natsu?!"

He was a sight to see, looking petrified and all.

Ignoring the orange head, the voice continued. "Yakufujin even left graffiti in her room. Did you look around the house before running to the police station?" The computer slowly but surely stopped with its static, and a delighted face was uncovered. The hacker was quite happy to see Suga, as he was waving thrillingly. "Depending on your comrades, desperation overcoming you, the concern of your sibling's well-being manipulating you, the thought of checking her room just slipped out of your mind!" There was a pause due to static again, atmosphere getting thicker than water.

The two men waited, looking at each other with concerned eyes. "Well, I'd expect less of you to find anything inside your sister's room in the morning. Neon graffiti is barely seen in a bright, lit-up environment. Yakufujin's an idiot, too. Don't feel bad." He chuckles, pleased with the idiocy of the situation. "What else..? Oh, hurry up and cover the stupid well-lit room into a box of darkness, that way you can see the message." The figure stopped smiling, revealing two obsidian orbs. It smirked at the shocked faces of Suga and Hinata.

The computer suddenly turns black, CPU sparking. Fire started to come out of the CPU, and both men started to run around the room. "Shoyou, get the fire extinguisher! My poor, dear computer!!" Suga wails, in attempt to hug his beloved. Shoyou rambles around in search for the fire extinguisher, secretly happy to have fun with a friend.

'Even if my sisters missing, I'm glad my friends are with me... I'm glad I'm not alone..'

T i m e s k i p ~

Thunder broke the dark sky with its piercing light, surprising the young deputy as well. Clutching a gun and flashlight on each hand, Hinata couldn't care less at being drenched on. What mattered was that he had to find someone. Anyone. Not even his sister was his priority anymore. He knew she was.. She was gone. He saw her laying on the entrance to a hidden mansion, right where the neon graffiti told him. She was bleeding out, and another letter was imprinted on the ground beside her with blood.

One down! Find the other seven!

He knew who the monster was talking about. He sighed in relief. His friends still had a fighting chance. All he needed to do was to find them. Entering the dark and eerie house, he kissed his dead sibling with sad and guilty tears to match. What he saw immediately made him gasp. All of his friends... Laying flat on the old velvet carpet. Their skin looked pale, and he knew what that brown stain was. "Oh! You're here! Congrats for first place!"

"Look! I even managed to let your precious friend, Kozume Kenma, join us!" You squeal, holding the pudding-headed assassin at arms length. "Hinata! You idiot!" He struggled and tried to reach for Shoyou, but it was deemed fruitless. "Shoyou, this is my prize for you! I never knew you asked your friends to join our little game, so I had to make the game a bit harder, provide more materials, prepare more prizes... " You smile, holding up your tainted knife and pointed it to Kozume. Cutting him on the throat, he suddenly laid limp on the floor, blood spluttering everywhere.

Your eyes follow his dead body, your head trailing to the floor. "This is what happens when you ask for help.." You mumble, throwing your knife at Kenma's back. Shoyou gasps, his hands releasing the flashlight and gun. "Hey, you okay? I thought you liked our games!" You started to strut to his petrified form, giggling at your work. After you're face to face with him, you lunge at him until you were one inch apart.

"This game is only for two, and if there are extra players, I simply let them lose."