14.

part fourteen,
19:52- ;

"Hansol, what are you doing here" I sigh, running a hand through my hair. I continue to stare at him, feeling something bubble in my chest as I watch him cover his mouth with his hand, choking on his sobs, letting his gaze fall from me to the grassy ground.

"Hansol, come up" My angry thoughts towards him instantly vanished as I motioned him to come up the tree. His sobs could be heard clearly as he stood up slowly, supporting himself on the wall of the house as he dragged his way to the base of the tree. Slowly and steadily he climbed, taking my bottom lip in with my teeth I extend my hand to help him inside when he reached the top, taking it he pulled himself inside with a small thud, loosing his balance and sinking to the floor on his knees.

Sighing I sit down in front of him, opening my arms wide as he shuffles into them. I sit down close to him, rubbing his back soothingly as Hansol wraps his arms around my waist, resting his head on my shoulder as I cradle him in my arms. He was so torn and damaged and I didn't know why, had he been holding this inside all of this time?

His sobs where so loud I had to quietly shush him so Father or Lynn wouldn't hear, I didn't say anything and neither did he, I just held him as he cried.

"It's okay" I whispered to him as I pulled my head away to look at him in the eyes, his sobs subsided slightly, although the tears still poured. I found myself bringing my thumbs up to wipe away the tears on his cheeks, the pads of my thumb soaking up the saltiness. Slowly, he brought his hands up to grip my wrists, bringing them down onto his lap, away from his face as he rubbed patterns over the skin on my palms. He didn't look at me, he didn't look at me for minutes, only playing with my hands, then he broke the silence.

"I lost my last job" he spoke quietly, his croaky and scratches voice making my heart snap in two as I stared at the broken boy. He dropped my hands my hands, letting them sit on his lap still. Swallowing, I returned my hands back to my own lap, looking down to play with a loose strand on my jumper.

"I'm sorry" I felt tears well up in my own eyes, Hansol didn't seem like the guy to be very emotional, unless he's kept it all inside this time, seeing him this way made me want to protect him and make him happy and laugh, but I don't think I was capable to do that after today. I looked back up at the broken brunette boy, his face contorting into a look of pure sadness as I felt my chest ache.

Standing up I walked into my connected bathroom and pulled out some tissues, carrying them back into the bedroom, Hansol just sat against the wall, looking like a zombie as I sat back in front of him. I grabbed his chin in my hand, pushing his head up towards mine as I used a tissue to wipe away the last of his tears, it seamed as though he ran out of tears as he breathed heavily through his blocked nose, cheeks wet but no new tears.

Placing the now damp tissue on the ground I stood back up again, extending my hand for him to take, slowly he extended his own, and with great strength I pulled his limp body up, wrapping an arm around his waist to support his tired body.

"I think you should get some sleep Hansol" He nodded at my words, eyes hooded as sleepiness took over his body. Pulling him in the direction of my bed I slowly pushed him into a sitting position, he seemed comfortable enough in his large t-shirt and sweatpants he had on when he arrived, although I wasn't so comfortable in my jeans and sweater.

"I'll be back in a minute, take off your shoes and get comfy" with a blink of his eye he focused on the white wall in front of him, I took that as the time to grab my pajamas and make my way to the bathroom. Not even minutes later i was dressed in light cotton shorts and a white shirt, picking up my old clothes and putting them in the hamper and tying my hair in a pony tail I went back to see how Hansol was coping.

My heart welled at the scene before me when I stepped foot in the bedroom. His black Nike's were placed neatly at the end of the bed, his body facing me as his soft hair shined with the newly found moonlight peeking through the curtains, legs pulled to his chest as he laid on his hand, eyes barely opened and breathing heavily.

His eyes widened a fraction when he felt the bed dip beside him and I faintly notice his Adam's apple bop up and down. I mirrored him, legs pulled to my chest as I laid on my hand, suddenly feeling sleepy as I forced my eyes to stay opened.

To be truthful I was scared, so incredibly scared. I was scared for Hansol and what he was going to do when he woke up in the morning, scared that he would have no where to go and nothing to live on, it was hard to get a job here, especially when you've come from nothing. I couldn't lie to him and say that everything was going to be okay, but I found myself doing it anyway.

"It's all going to be okay Hansol" I lied, slowly inching closer to him as I cradled his head in my arms, pulling his head in my chest. He responded by wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me that inch closer. I didn't expect him to say anything, he hadn't said much all night.

We laid in silence, him clutching my waist, as if I was going to leave and me running my hands through his soft hair. For a second I thought he was asleep, soothed from my hands and relaxed in my arms, until he clutched my waist even harder, being sure to leave a mark.

"Please don't leave me ... ever" his voice shook with every word, he was nervous and frightened. I shook my head, "I'd never" I whispered, at my words he pulled his head out from under my chin, looking at me in the eyes. The redness in his eyes was still evident although his cheeks were back to a natural color, his eyes were immensely puffy though.

"I was scared I lost you today Hana" he but his lip, eyes glossing over as he stared at me, I gulped, closing my eyes and letting him snuggle back into my chest again like a child. "I was scared too" I replied in a whisper.

"You should get some sleep now, I promise I'll be here when you wake up, I promise I'll be here waiting for you" leaning down I placed a lingering kiss on his forehead, instantly making the muscles in his neck and shoulders relax under my touch. I knew in that moment, Hansol wasn't going to get out of my life that easily.