21.

part twenty-one,
14:20- ;

"Hey is that you Hana?" Bora called as I stepped into her apartment, wiping my shoes at the front door and taking off my now soaked coat and hanging it up.

"Yeah" I called back, straining my arms as I carried the groceries into the kitchen where Bora was wiping down the stove with a sponge.

With a groan I placed all of the bags into the island bench, Bora looked up from her position at the stove and laughed as I rubbed my arms to soothe the ache.

"It's really pouring out there huh?" She said as a loud roar of thunder tore through the sky, I was lucky enough to make it back just in time before it really started to bucket down.

I hummed a random tune under my breath as I unpacked the groceries, placing them in their correct spots.

"Any calls since I left?" I asked reluctantly, watching from the side of my eye as Bora washed the dishes, I was curious not going to lie, and deep down maybe I kind of wanted him to call.

"Surprisingly no, he must have finally gotten the idea that you didn't like him and weren't interested" she laughed, continuing to wipe down the cutlery. I stayed silent, yes I had come to the conclusion that I did like this boy but I was too afraid to admit it to anyone.

"No way!" Bora yelled loudly, making me shoot my head up to watch her with wide eyes and a large grin, I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"What?" I asked, placing the last carton of milk in the fridge as I walked around to sit on a barstool, Bora's eyes watching my every move.

"That silence, that blush and that small grin you are wearing" she continued to yell out, making me cringe at her sudden loud voice. I lowered my small grin I was apparently wearing, not noticing that I was like that.

"And?" I asked, still confused as to where she was going with all of this.

"You like Hansol" she finally cleared it up, crossing her arms over her chest as she stared me up and down. So long for not admiting it to anyone.

"W-what?" I stuttered highly unconvincingly.

"Don't bullshit me Hana, your voice just rose you are so lying to me" I rolled my eyes, standing up from the stool and walking over to the couch, suddenly seeming very
uncomfortable with this conversation and my feelings.

Bora arrived in the room seconds later, sitting beside me and giving me a look from the corner of her eye in which I didn't return.

"I just, don't know about my feelings okay" I replied, yes I did like Hansol but I wasn't ready to make a commitment with everything going on with my family and Jeonghan.

Bora just sighed, grabbing the remote and flicking on an old romance movie that I hadn't seen in ages. I curled up on the couch and grabbed a blanket, snuggling up in its warmth as I faintly heard another loud roar of thunder erupt outside, the rain continuing to impress us.

"Ugh I hate movies like this" Bora interrupts my thoughts, bringing me back to reality as I watched the screen, in which a girl was running towards her boyfriend in the rain.

"It's so cliche goddamnit, like what is the likelihood of this actually happening? One just doesn't run up to another in the rain and kiss them with all of their heart, like you'd be all wet and gross and your makeup would be running down your face" I laughed at Bora's harsh judgment, instantly lightening up the mood as she joined in on the laughter.

"Yeah and then they go back to his large ass mansion and have sex on is king sized bed and then she wakes up pregnant" I continued, watching the screen as the two lovers laid on his bed, I cringed at their next actions.

"I kind of wish relationships were that easy though" I sighed deeply, bringing my knees up to my chest on the couch and wrapping my arms around them and holding them close.

"Life isn't easy" Bora laughed, laying down on her side to intensely watch the movie, I watched as her face dropped ever so slightly, watching as the couple kissed passionately.

"Bora?" I asked, catching her attention as she looked up at me, "what about you, are you seeing anyone?" She just laughed at my question, rolling her eyes and looking back at the television.

"No one wants me" she continued laughing, dryly this time as sadness filled her eyes. I wondered what she was thinking, had something happened to my best friend and I was too concerned with my love life to even realize?

My thoughts were interrupted again with a harsh and which knock at the door, I looked over at Bora but she was too engrossed in her own thoughts and didn't even notice as her eyes focused on the movie. With a sigh I pulled myself up from the couch, groggily walking over to the door, it was probably the post man, or someone wanting to sell me something I thought to myself as I opened the door. It was neither.

I stood still and silent as I watched him stand before me. Hansol's hair was wet with rain, hanging over his eyes as he looked up at me. He was breathing heavily, a black t-shirt clung to his arms and chest damp, outlining every perfect detail of his body. My breath caught in my throat as he walked into Bora's apartment without a word and I found myself still, unable to step back, unable to move forward to him.

Although it was not myself that stilled, but my heart. When Hansol closed the small gap between us. His warm, inviting lips were a change to his cold body, slightly shivering from the cold rain. His arms were tightly wrappers around me and I found myself not pulling away as his lips fondled with mine and I felt my stomach doing flips from his actions.

It didn't come to mind when he was pressed up against me as to what he was doing here, but I couldn't bring myself to pull away, instead I leant in further into the kiss. It wasn't one of those kisses that you would have at a party, or a hookup as such, this was different, holding an unknown meaning within it.

In the end it was Hansol who pulled away, resting his forehead against mine as our ragged and uneven breaths met in the middle.

"You know that's not the first time we've done that."