Chapter Twenty-Six

As Lucy and Harry spoke with the U.S. Senator, the media had set up in rows, trying to fight each other over the best spot. The Senator would take Prince Harry and Lucille Smith outside for a last photo op. It was expected the Senator would say a few words too. With no one sure how long the meeting would last, the media kept watching the front. Prince Harry and Lucille Smith would come out eventually.

The cameras were pointed up the stairs, waiting to turn them on and point. Others held cameras for pictures, waiting for a bad face to be made. Journalists lined up from major news networks. Some already talked into their cameras. Rumors of the gun control bill swirled, and the journalists spoke about that, only making some remarks about Lucille Smith and Prince Harry. Paparazzi fought to get closer to the stairs, but the Capitol Security had blocked it off. Saint Paul Police watched the situation; eyes rested on the protesters.

There were five groups in total: journalists, paparazzi, protesters, supporters and watchers.

With the paparazzi pushing to get to the stairs and the journalists waiting back, the protesters and supporters awaited.

The protesters held signs and they screamed the loudest. There happened to be more of them, taking off work and brought out their children for the protest. Little children held signs, pledging their allegiance to guns. Their voices echoed, making it hard for the journalists to speak to the cameras. With each loud burst from the people, the journalists glanced over. Already pictures and videos were taken of the protesters. They would be on the news and in the papers. Videos would be online. The protesters would get their fifteen minutes of fame.

 The protesters would get their fifteen minutes of fame

The supporters were off to the other side. And then they silent, all of them, as they stood there with their signs raised. No word was spoken by a woman, child or man. It as silent. People's faces were plastered across signs that were raised into the air. Change was called for. They spoke nothing.

The Saint Paul Police watched all, eyes focusing on the surroundings

The Saint Paul Police watched all, eyes focusing on the surroundings. Other police departments had been called in, creating more of a wall. Undercover officers hid in the crowds.

A fifth crowd had gathered to watch, not caring for or against guns. They wished to see Prince Harry in their life time in person. This would be their chance. Those people were ushered aside.

The Senator was first to exit, with Capitol Security around her. She wore a warm winter coat, but thoughts were she had a bulletproof vest underneath it. Ever since she started working on a gun control bill, death threats had come to her, to her family and to her life. Security had been appointed to her. Her aids were more cautious now.

Prince Harry and Lucille Smith came out next, their jackets around them, but neither of them wore bulletproof vests. Perhaps it hadn't gotten that bad yet. Cameras began to roll. The clicks of flashing lights aimed at Prince Harry and Lucille Smith, as they held hands. Her head was held high, as she watched the crowds. Her eyes came to the protesters.

"Burn in hell!"

"Fuck off!"

"I hope you die!"

"Die, whore!"

"I'll rape you!"

"Die!"

"Take my gun! I'll shoot you!"

"Burn in hell!"

"Second Amendment!"

"You deserved it!"

Lucille Smith and Prince Harry gave their final goodbyes to the Senator. A few words were spoke by the Senator, and Lucille Smith nodded. Prince Harry's eyes were on the crowd, watching carefully. Fear almost looked present in his eyes. More photos were taken. A few more seconds were lasted.

Prince Harry and Lucille Smith descended down the stairs. Police officers surrounded them, keeping some coverage. More things were shouted, and Harry forced himself to stay in check. Lucy was the most important thing now; he needed to keep a level head for her. He did this. However, Harry's face was red; he chewed on his bottom lip. Everything he was ever taught almost went out the window after another person screamed that he would rape Lucy. She heard, Harry knew that, but she gave no response. She didn't even blink an eye.

If anything came out of today, as Lucy and Harry pushed through the crowds, Lucy would definitely win the sympathy vote in Britain. This would be splashed across the newspapers of Britain and on the news stations, Lucy and Harry leaving the building, and everyone would hear what was screamed at her. Lucy didn't want the sympathy, and she always called it pity. But people would certainly give sympathy to her. At the end of the day, it would give her respect. The screams were to get a raise out of her, so that their fifteen minutes of fame would be expanded, but some of it, people really thought.

Lucy looked forward most of the time. She didn't glance at the haters. She didn't make any quick movements. She wasn't scared, and she did her best to show no anger. Only for a moment were her eyes gone from front, when she passed the supporters for gun control. Still silent, their signs were held a little higher. Their heads were up; they watched her. In the crowd, there were parents from her high school and some students, some teachers and community members. And then there people not from Minnesota but around the country. They came for her.

Paparazzo pushed closer to Harry and Lucy, and she led them through the crowd. Police officers gave protection. They moved out of crowds of paparazzi, journalists, supporters and protesters. Lucy and Harry made it to their car. She quickly got in and so did he. Lucy drove off quickly. People continued to yell at her.

"That was fun," Harry commented. His knuckles were white as he held onto safety of the door. Anger pumped through him.

"Yeah." Lucy sighed and turned right. Her adrenaline started to come down, but she felt the need to vomit. This made her sick. At least it wasn't the feeling of someone getting hurt, but her mind felt as if it was going to explode.

"That's your life?"

"Yeah."

Harry held her hand. Wishing she would pull over and stop for a second to breathe, he didn't say anything. Lucy wouldn't feel safe until they got back to the house. She wouldn't relax until she got back to the house. He didn't really see her cry often, but her eyes were wet now. There were many things she wished to speak. There were many things he wanted to say. Those people, everything shouted at her, it was terrible. People wanted her to die, all because she wanted to make a change in the world.

Lucy's breath shook. "Let's escape."

"Where?" Harry asked.

"I have the perfect place."