T W E N T Y - S E V E N - Happy Birthday To Me

{Gif of Jake. Not Edited}

Song: Fast Car

Artist (s): Jonas Blue ft Dakota

We worry about tomorrow like its promised.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jake once said to said to me, don't let anyone ever break your soul. You have to stand on your own two feet and stand up for yourself. There are those who would give anything to see you fail, but you never give them that satisfaction. Hold your head up high, smile and stand on your own ground. When I say Jake today, it was as if the hope and strength that had left me had returned. My strength didn't come from lifting weights. My strength came from lifting myself up when I fell down. After all we are given this life because we are strong enough to live it.

I've always had Dylan by my side. I've always had Gabe by my side. I've had all my friends by my side, but I couldn't tell them anything. But now I do. Jake knows exactly who Jordan is and what he did. You would think someone like Jake would immediately confront him but he's not like that. He would wait till he has everything figured out. Pros and Cons.

Jordan was in the kitchen making himself a cup of coffee while I waited in the living room. Gabe would be back soon which meant he would thankfully no longer have unlimited access to my house. Jordan walked back into the living room snatching the remote out of my hand and fell back on the couch resting his feet and the coffee table.

"Pass me your phone" He demanded. How could I forget? He had to check my phone. It was a routine thing to make sure I was 'secretly' talking to anyone. Even if I did and deleted the message we was able to get my entire phone history.  He sat there for a while just scrolling on my phone as the TV blared in the background. After getting bored a while later he threw it back at me narrowly missing my face. Later that night around eleven-ish he left and I finally went to bed.

The next morning I woke up and ran to the bathroom before quickly throwing on some clothes that were hanging out of my closet and ran out the door. 9:03. I am so fucking late. I got school within five minutes and hopped of my back and headed straight to my first lesson. Gym. Great. Not having the energy to change I just sat on the bleachers after giving my excuse to the teacher and watched. It was girls vs boys volleyball. During the midst of the game I saw Jordan and Dylan look at each other a second too long. 

Please don't say he did something stupid.

I was so busy staring at them, I didn't notice the teacher come and sit next to me. She assessed me for a second before she began to speak.

"Skylar. Don't you think it's about time you did something." She looked at me with a concerned face

"I..I don't understand" I stuttered. Did she know? How the hell did she know?

"Since you've started this school you haven't taken part in anything. No sports. No clubs. No contests." She explained. I let out a sigh and looked around before answering. 

"What can I do?" I asked. I really do need to graduate.

"There is a talent show coming soon. You should take part. Infact, I'm gonna sign you up myself." She walked away without waiting for a reply. Great, another thing to worry about. Gym soon ended and everyone headed off to the locker rooms to change. Grabbing my back and got up and stretched before heading towards the door but instead an hand grabbed me pulling me behind the bleachers.