Chapter 8

April's P.O.V

I woke up in the middle of the night to someone shaking me. I groaned and rolled away from the person trying to wake me up. 

They kept shaking me though and I woke up, frustrated as hell. When I turned to see who the idiot was, I saw my mother. Thank goodness I didn't call her an idiot out loud. "Mom, what do you want? It's late," I tell her.

"Honey, I just saw your mate walking out into the woods. He is alone and considering he doesn't have the packs scent yet, he could get hurt by the guards on patrol." 

The moment she said that he was in the woods alone, I was already out of the house and running towards the woods, following his scent. When I got there though, I saw one of the guards holding Aiden up against a tree by his neck while the others just glared at him in disgust.

"What are you doing around our territory you pathetic rogue!" Shouted one of the guards.

"Put him down!" I yelled in return, some of the Alpha power I posses falling into my words, making them do as I ask. The guard who was choking Aiden let him go and took a step back, leaving Aiden coughing and gasping on the floor.

I run up to Aiden, pulling him into a hug and glaring at the guards.

"April, what are you doing next to him, he can hurt you," one of the other guards told me. I looked over at him and then said, "he is my mate, he would never hurt me."

I pull Aiden up with me and start walking back to the house, the guards going back to their patrol. "Why did you come outside on your own, you could have gotten killed," I told him, my voice a little wobbly from containing the frightened tears at bay.

"I was going to the lake. Why did you stop them," he tells me. I stop walking and turn to him, finally letting the tears out. His eyes soften from their cold state, "because I care about you, you idiot!" I yelled at him.

He looks taken aback, like he wasn't expecting to hear that. "Why? Why do you care about me? You don't even know me! And I certainly don't know you!" He yelled, matching my voice in volume.

I walked over to him and started to poke his chest roughly, "who's fault is that?!? Every time I try to get to know you, you push me away! And I care about you because you are my mate Aiden, my mate! I don't like the idea of you being hurt okay?" 

Once I finished yelling that at him, I walk away towards the pack house. I can't believe the nerve of that guy. He should know we are mates by now, so why is he treating me like I am nothing to him. When I get back to the house, I walk upstairs to my room, close the door, and fall on my bed to cry. 

He didn't even come and follow me.

~~~~

I wake up the next day heartbroken. Why doesn't my mate want to be with me? Usually all mates want to be together, why doesn't mine? I walk into my bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. Ew, now I know why he doesn't want to be with me, I'm freaking ugly and disgusting.

I strip off my clothes and get into the shower, letting the warm water relax my tense muscles. Once my hair is shampooed, conditioned, and my body has been shaved and washed, I close the water and step out into the cold air of my bathroom.

I dry myself with a towel and blow dry my hair. When I am done styling it, I walk out into my room and put some clothes on. I decided to go for a pair of shorts and a nice thin long sleeve shirt. I open my door and get ready to step out of my room when I notice a sleeping figure on the floor in my doorway.

Aiden?

I step over the figure and bend down to get a better look at the person. It is in fact Aiden. What is he doing sleeping on the floor in front of my door? I shake him a bit to get him to wake up. He does a few minutes later and then looks at me.