Chapter 21

April's P.O.V.

It has been three months and Aiden and I are exhausted. We go to school for eight hours, only to come back home and then do two hours of homework if we are lucky and then who knows how many hours of training to become the future Alpha and Luna. 

Aiden and I are currently on the couch cuddling after finishing our homework, when my dad walks in. "Alright you two, I am going to need the both of you to go upstairs and put on your most fancy type of clothing. Your mother and I believe that you are ready to take the position of Alpha and Luna," he says.

Mine and Aiden's chins drop at the same time after hearing that, "um dad, do you think this could wait a bit? I mean Aiden and I graduate in about two months so maybe we can do it then? It's less stress for us," was my reply. I see Aiden nod in agreement from the side of my head.

My father thinks it over for a bit and then nods his head too, "alright, but come to my office now, we have a few things we need to settle first," he says.

Aiden and I get up from the couch and then walk with my dad to his office. Once we get there, we see Alpha Michael and Marissa sitting down together on one of the couches. Whatever happened to them you might ask? Well according to Marissa, Alpha Michael is making amazing progress with her and has received her forgiveness, but he still trying to earn his position as her mate again. He has even started bonding with Aiden a little bit, but Aiden still believes that no matter what he does, he can not make up for missing nineteen years of his life. Don't worry, I will get him tho think differently about that soon enough.

We sit down on the other couch facing them and see two papers in front of us. "Alright, so as you two know, you will be taking the Alpha and Luna position of this pack soon enough," begins my father. When we nod, he continues on, "well since Aiden is the biological son of Alpha Michael, he is destined to become the future Alpha of his pack also."

"What?!?" Aiden yells in shock. "How am I supposed to manage his pack while I'm taking care of this one?" That's a good question. I wonder how he is supposed to do that also.

"We were thinking that we combine both of our packs together that way you two can manage it at the same time," explains Alpha Michael.

Wow. That is a lot of wolves and a lot of responsibility. "Aiden, my beta has a son, so when you take over he will become your beta also. Since Aprils pack has a female beta, they can take turns helping you out if she agrees to it," says Alpha Michael.

I can feel Aiden's stress and worry mixing in with mine so I think it is time I bud into the conversation. "Is it okay if Aiden and I have a little while to think about this?" I ask them. Both of the Alphas look at each other and then to us, nodding in response. Aiden and I get up and walk out of the office. He turns to me and asks me if I wanted to go to the lake. I nod and we walk out of the house and then over to the lake in the middle of the woods.

We sit down and just hold each other for a minute.

"Do you think we can do it?" Aiden asks.

"I'm going to be honest with you Aiden, I don't know. What I do know though, is that we will have a lot of help so that is good too," I tell him. 

He sighs and then pulls me closer to him, "we also have each other too, right? We will always be there to help one another," he inputs. 

I nod my head against his shoulder and hold him tighter, looking at the sky. We sat there for a little while longer, discussing the pros and cons of doing this job, and watching the light blue sky, become a dark blue.

"So do you think we should take this opportunity?" I ask him.

"Considering we will be combining two packs, it will be easier to defend ourselves against other packs and rogues, so yeah, I think for the future protection of both packs, we should combine both of them," Aiden says. Spoken like a true Alpha. 

I nod and then get up, telling him that we should head back to the house and tell them our answer. We walk back, and when we notice all of them in the living room, we tell them that we have made our decision and to follow us to the office. Once everybody is inside and seated, we tell them that Aiden and I will take job.

My father comes back and places both of the papers in front of us. He points to the first one and says, "this one is to confirm that you two accept the treaty and will combine both packs," and then he points to the other one and says, "and this one is to show that you two agree to become the Alpha and Luna to both of the packs."

Aiden and I sign both of the papers, and I can't help but think that we will make the perfect future for ourselves. 

"Perfect. Now we will bring both packs to our backyard as soon as you two finish school to go forth with the ceremony," Alpha Michael says.

Aiden and I go up to our rooms and get ready for bed. Once Aiden climbs into bed, he pulls me closer to him and cuddles me against his chest, "Do you think we made a good decision?" He asks.

I look at him and then grab his free hand, "I know we did." I lean up and kiss him delicately on his lips, "goodnight Aiden," I say to him.

He kisses my forehead and pulls me in closer, "goodnight April," he whispers. Just like we fall asleep.