Phoenix High [12]

Aaron's pov

I put the promise ring in my pocket after paying the woman. I left the small shop and walked down the street. I glanced at my wristwatch and saw it was already the afternoon. It was too late to go back to school so I decided to just go home.

I rode the elevator and when the doors open I frowned.

"What are you doing here Michi?" I asked a little irritated. How did she find where I live?

"Nya! Aaron!" Michi yelled excited and ran over to me with a big smile. Her tail was swishing back and forth showing her excitement.

"Michi was wondering if Aaron wanted to go out to dinner?" Michi asked and I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"No, I've told you I already have someone I am in love with." I said and Michi pouted.

"Who? Nya?" Michi asked.

"I don't feel like I have to answer that." I said and pushed past Michi and pulled out my keys.

I could hear a low growl come from Michi as I unlocked the door and slammed it in her face.

"Nya! Fine!" Michi yelled through the door and stomped off.

I let out a sigh and walked into the kitchen. I didn't feel like eating anything so I walked into my room.

Why won't Michi leave me alone? If she finds out Aphmau and I are dating she might do something to break us up......I cannot lose Aphmau again....and I never will...hopefully.

I ran a tired hand through my hair and looked at the small stuffed cat Aphmau gave me. It made me smile and I picked it up. I hugged it close to my chest and laid down onto the bed.

I stared at the ceiling and though 'how am I going to give this to Aphmau. If we were adults I would just propose but I don't this neither of us are ready for that. We are still only in our teens.'

I let out a tired breath and rolled over. I want to take Aphmau on a special date. An expensive restaurant? Maybe I'll take her to La Phoenix. That really famous and expensive restaurant.

A smile broke out on my face and I was soon consumed into sleep.

****

Aphmau's pov

Laurence and Garroth walked me to school today and a big smile was on my face. I was excited to see Aaron today.

"Is everything okay Aphmau? You have a really creepy grin on your face." Garroth said and I turned to look at him.

"Is it so wrong to be happy?" I asked and Garroth blushed.

"No, just....this is the happiest you've been in a long time." Garroth said and my smile grew wider.

"Well, I have a boyfriend." I said, loving the reaction of Garroth and Laurence.

"WHAT!?" They both yelled at the same time which made me giggle.

"Wh-who!?" Garroth yelled.

"Wait! I think I may have an idea." Laurence said staring into my eyes.

I only smiled and he gasped.

"It's that Aaron guy!" Laurence yelled and I giggled.

"Who? Who's Aaron?" Garroth asked and Laurence frowned at him.

"He's that guy that broke Aphmau's heart three years ago and they have been spending time together a lot. Where have you been Garroth?" Laurence asked.