Diary Entry#1- Officer Anthony Massey

Well, that was perfect.

I couldn't have done worse.

Was this considered irony?

I was right there. I was at the right place at the right time, and he got completely under my nose. I could even see the shop from my car. It was well lit and everything, and it was the perfect opportunity that I completely blew.

I didn't even tell Rhodes at first. A couple of guys at the station found out from me first, and all I could do was admit that yes, I fell asleep on the job and the thief got away.

I tried to lie. I tried to tell them that I just didn't see him, or that he got there before me. That didn't go well. Some of the guys asked me, if he got there before me, wouldn't I have noticed the break-in and called it in? I couldn't think of anything to say or do so the only thing to do was to stand there and take it. Then, Rhodes calls me in and lets me have it. It was one of the most embarrassing moments I've ever had as a cop, much worse than the time I spilled coffee all down my pants and it looked like I pissed myself. That was just a dumb person move, this was a dumb cop move, and therefore, considered much worse.

So yeah, no pressure or anything, but Rhodes made it clear that I won't let this happen again and the next time I will catch him. Because if I don't, I'll never hear the end of it. You know,

~~~~~

I just realized I walked away from writing this to stare at something outside my window, and I didn't remember to come back until a few hours later. I even forgot what I was going to say next, but does it matter? The only thing I know is I have to catch this guy in order to not look like an idiot. Even though, in some ways, I still feel like one. And I feel like there's nothing I can do about it.