Diary Entry #2- Officer Anthony Massey

HE WAS RIGHT THERE!

RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!

I HAD HIM!

I can't believe I blew it....AGAIN. How is this even possible?

I was finally at the right time and the right place. I caught up to him. I CAUGHT him. I looked right into those human eyes poking out of the ski mask and saw a person, a living and exisiting thing that has been the one responsible for all these store losses and theft. I grabbed him, I got him. He should have been handcuffed, escorted out and then put in the back of my car where he belongs.

But does anything work out for me? Of course not.

The fight we had was unneccesary and tedious, and no, of course he did not go down without a fight. The SOB kicked and punched me and when I finally got him down he kicked the damn handcuffs out of my hand. I fought to get him down, and the last straw was me falling over a stupid cart and hitting my face on it..causing me to get a nice big chip in my front tooth.

He got away AGAIN, and this time there is physical pain instead of just humiliating pain.

I didn't know how the hell I was going to show my face at the station again after that episode. The best part? We lined some suspects up and I was supposed to identity the guy. Just how in sweet Jesus was I supposed to do that? He was wearing a ski mask for Christ sake! I only saw his eyes. I never even saw his hair color or got any fingerprints on the guy.  So they think that I will be able to tell the identity of The Candy Caper by parading about 20 guys of the same height and build in front of me? Fat chance!

Now I just have to find a dentist that can fix this mess.