Diary Entry #1 Bridget Piers

HELP!

I've been here for five minutes and already I'm screwed! Completely screwed! Okay, maybe not all the way screwed, but pretty close!

I mean what is this, Murphy's Law?

I just opened my store. I dotted all my i's and crossed all my t's, got all of my inventory and stuff in and hired and trained my staff and even baked COOKIES and this is what I get? This town is famous for having a JEWELRY THIEF?!

Oh. That's just GREAT.

Did I ask for this? Part of me is afraid that I have, getting in my car, driving past the "Welcome to Wickerwire" sign and thinking to myself what a great new beginning I was embarking on. I had no idea whatsoever. DId I think to myself that I was looking for a challenge? Did I? In the back of my head?

 Well damn whatever was happening in the back of my head because now I have a problem.

I almost had a heart attack that day in the coffee shop when I read the papers. This thief has been all over town already and robbing them completely DRY, and no one has any leads! This one is smart and stealthy and for lack of better words, I am freaking the hell out over here. Alex and I just installed a security system, now I've had to leave her an incredibly frantic voicemail and we have to get a new system. I have been spending long days and even nights at my store going over each and every detail in the system. Is it secure? Is it locked? Do the alarms work?

While Alex and I were putting up the new system, we met a cop driving around. He was a nice guy and made us feel safe, and even told us he was personally looking out for the thief. After we installed everything and talked with him I do feel a lot better.

But not completely better. Because, you see, now I have to wait for this thief to come around. And I have a feeling he will be visiting me very soon...