35 - 'The Swap'

Chapter 35

Evie's POV

We were all in the control room, my eyes on the little screen in front of us with the CCTV footage playing. My heart - like all of ours, was beating a mile a minute, every single one of us horrified with what's happening. We'd already tried to go against his command of not coming into the dungeons, but when we'd gotten to the locked door his command hit us hard. We didn't have the energy to go any further, the only way I could describe the feeling was like walking against the world's biggest hurricane. It was impossible. So after a failed attempted we'd come back up here and while the beta and elders worked out a plan to stop what was happening; I was the only one left watching the footage. I noticed that while we where gone James had cut off Mr. Evan's finger, there was blood everywhere but who I really felt for- was Sky, she was rocking back and forth scared shitless and I don't blame her. I was scared shitless from just watching it.

I held my breath as James stalked towards her because she refused to pick one of those sick cards.

And then suddenly he stopped. Almost rebooting from her and after a second I realized what had happened.

"Sky's guard is back" I was so relieved I could hardly speak.

The pack was soon crowded around the little screen. Watching as James stormed away from her, locked her cell back up and then continued to storm out of the room with a face like thunder.

"He's gone to get more of that drug to weaken her again," said one of the pack members. I looked over at him in question, so he explained.

"Listen to his thoughts it's like a broken record, he's just saying it over and over to himself," He frowned, and so did I.

"We need to stop this" I whispered to no-one in particular.

"Don't you think we're trying?!" The Beta bellowed exasperated, and I frowned back at him.

"I know you're trying, but you're not trying hard enough!" I told him.

"Who do you think you are?" The Beta looked down at me incredulously, and I gulped. "We are trying our best here" I didn't know what to say, as he turned around and started towards the door.

"Wait!" I told him, and he turned back to glare at me. "I have a plan."

He looked at me like I was insane. "You have a plan?" He spat sarcastically, "Oh thank god, the little girl has a plan to save the day. You just watch what you say, little girl. This isn't f*cking 'Dora the Explorer.' You leave us men to it," He growled, what a bastard!

"No you arsehole, get off your high horse and listen to me, you little b*tch! I have a plan, and you will follow it if you want Sky alive by the end of this" I growled and then immediately regretted it, as his face turned red in anger. Why oh, why did I just say that to the Beta?!

I immediately recoiled dropping my head and cringed away as my wolf wrapped her tail between her legs in a sign to say I was sorry.

"Come on lets at least give her plan a go, it's not like we've thought of anything" someone called out as we all awaited his verdict.

"Fine go ahead" He grumbled.

"Klaus's pack, are on their way, so we just need enough time to distract James. We can't have him playing any more of his sick little game" I told him, and he looked worried for a moment.

"Klaus's pack is coming to attack?" He gulped. Was he afraid?

"I don't think they will attack. Klaus just wants Sky back. Wesley knows we didn't kidnap her off our own free will" I told him.