Chapter 16

*Riddhi Pov*

"Are you fine?" Rose asked when we finally stepped out of the college, ignoring all the looks from everywhere and I can see some pity on them and some smirks.

I am not fine which is really a shame thing. How can I feel the same hurt I felt when he walked away while watching both of them hugging each other?

Did he have to do it in front of me? Can't he see that I can get more than hurt seeing them like this every day?

"I am fine, Rose." I replied, nodding at her.

"Why don't I stay with you today?" she asked when we reached the supermarket.

"No! You must be tired too. I mean we had holidays when you stayed at my small place. We will meet tomorrow at the college." I replied hurriedly.

"But..." she started saying which I immediately cut off by hugging her.

"Thank you for being there, Rose." I said, giving her a small smile and rushed inside the store and didn't stop until I reached the changing area.

No, no! Please don't cry, Riddhi. Please don't cry here. I repeated it in my head before changing into working clothes.

"What are you still doing here, Riddhi? It is past your time to work here." I heard the manager's voice and turned to see him frowning at me.

"I am sorry, Sir. I didn't glance at the time." I replied and started walking towards the room to change.

"You need to concentrate on your studies too." He said when I started leaving the store and I nodded.

Concentrate on the studies? How could I do that? Can I even hear the lectures properly with a feeling that the person I love is sitting in the class beside his new girlfriend?

"Bow!" I screamed and jumped back hearing two shouts and then heard two people laughing.

"Jonah! Noah! Are you troubling Riddhi?" I heard the café uncle voice while I was still standing near the steps from where I can reach my room with a hand on my chest still feeling the terror.

"No, Dad!" they both replied, hiding their laughs, but I narrowed my eyes at them.

"Is this how you behave? You are not kids." I said glaring at them, to which they laughed again.

"We are younger than you though." One of them replied but I don't know which one is that as it is really impossible to differentiate them.

"Don't you like us? Eveyrone likes us too much that they always call our names." Another said and I shook my head.

"I wonder why!" I mumbled sighing.

"Look, it's been two weeks since we met you and you need to like us or at least be friendly with us." Both of them ordered and I stared at the in shock.

Who would have thought that sixteen year olds can demand like that? I thought, shaking my head.

"Move!" I said when they both just stood clocking my path.

"Like us, Riddhi." They both said, pleading me when I stood there in silence for a few minutes.

"I can't! I don't like someone easily. It is just not me." I said to which they frowned.

"Fine! But we both like you." One of them said, grinning and they both walked away while I smiled at them shaking my head.

Who would have thought that all it needs is two stubborn teenagers and we can forget our problems? I thought, reaching my room and sighed.