Chapter 22

*Riddhi Pov*

"Wow! You are looking awesome." Rose said, turning me around.

"Yeah! My Mom gave this to me while I was returning here." I said smiling at her.

"Your Mom sure has an amazing taste." She said, grinning and I nodded glancing in the mirror.

It is a Saree but not at the same time. One of her friends brought a few to the town from some city and Mom immediately bought a few for me.

"Let's go! We are getting late." I said, glancing at the clock and we both walked outside the room.

"I wish you were really my girlfriend." Noah said making me laugh and I brushed both of their heads before walking inside the café.

"I am taking another leave. I hope you both don't mind." I said, staring at Uncle.

"Come on! There is not much work today due to that party. So, don't apologize." Aunty said and I nodded before leaving the café.

"Hey!" we heard someone calling when we reached near the Jim's house and saw a few classmates of ours walking towards us.

We all talked to each other and entered to see amazing decoration of the house and was told to go into the garden directly from beside the house and not into it.

"Why don't we just stay here forever." Rose said twirling around.

"We sure can! Why don't we ask the newly wedded couple?" I asked laughing when Jim and Lisa heard her comment reaching near us.

"I was just saying." Rose said glaring at me to which I just smiled.

"Trust me! This is decorated to make you feel like that otherwise this place is boring unlike her house." Jim said and we turend to look at his hand direction and saw a small sweet house leaning to the compound wall of this mansion.

"You both were neighbors?" I asked them smiling.

"From the time we were kids except a few years." Lisa replied.

"So, you both really were childhood lovers. Wow! You guys are still together, which is very rare." Rose said, smiling at them and my smile slipped.

"I am so sorry!" she immediately added looking at my face.

"Hey! It was nothing." I said, assuring her, but inside I felt hurt thinking why didn't we last together forever and had to separate.

"Hey Jim!" we all heard a voice and turned to see Sailu as usual in an amazing attire walking towards us holding Shiv's hand.

"Looking great!" Lisa commented and they talked to her for a few minutes before walking away to greet other guests.

"Again Saree? Will you never learn?" Sailu asked, smirking and I stopped Rose when she moved to say something.

"Well, there is no one with me to object my wishes right? So, everything is cool." I replied, smiling and walked away, ignoring the flinch from Shiv.

"Ok! Was there any incident where he didn't do something wrong?" Rose asked when I explained why Sailu made that comment.

"It was good that he did some things like that. Otherwise, I would have never seen anything other than him even after break-up." I replied sighing.

"Ok! Go and dance with someone. I don't want sadness when you are looking great." She said and pushed me making me glare at her.

I danced with a few classmates and then felt someone holding me for a dance, but I immediately stepped away looking at the person.

"You are looking great, Riddhi." Shiv said, moving his hand to touch my cheek.