Chapter 25

*Riddhi Pov*

"I am really glad we finally got time to talk." Shiv said, smiling at me and I slowly nodded before staring at the trees.

"I thought too much to say, but don't know what to say right now." He added, giving a small chuckle and I bit my lip before turning to look at him.

"Look, I know what I did was..." he started to say taking a deep breath, but I shook my head stopping him and he frowned at me.

I took a deep breath and started to say, "Look, I know you realized what happened that day and even during many incidents before that was completely wrong on your part."

"I even know that you feel guilty for everything that happened and wish that all of it didn't happen." I added and he slowly nodded.

"Now, you are trying your best to rectify your mistakes you felt you did and even succeeding in rectifying them." I slowly said and he again nodded.

"I know you regret leaving me in the first place and wish to do everything in your hands to never hurt me. And I know you will even succeed in it." I said and he immediately nodded.

"And I know you will be very careful so that your actions will not hurt me as you finally understood everything what to be done." I added and sighed.

"But! There is a but, right?" he asked, breaking the silence and I nodded without looking away.

"Yes! There is but for sure and a major one." I replied and he held his breath.

"I don't want all that from you. I don't want anything from you. I don't think it is good for us to enter any relation at all." I stated and he sat stunned.

"Why?" he slowly asked.

"Why?" I repeated his question and gave a small laugh hearing that.

"I am trying to repent, Riddhi. I know I am not doing a good job, but I am really trying and know the value of you and our relation." He said holding my hand but I shook my head.

"I am sorry for leaving you alone and for the way I handled everything which is harsh and I accept it with my whole heart." He immediately added.

"I don't want to think about any of those anymore, Shiv. It was all in the past and I don't want them to enter into any of my thoughts." I said shaking my head.

"I am not getting it, Riddhi. You were fine with me and even normal all these months. Why are talking today like this?" he asked frowning.

"Yes! I was normal with you like I was with everyone in the class. I moved on from you, Shiv. And that is the truth which I am trying to say from the day you asked for us to get together, but you were not listening." I replied, moving away from him and rubbed my forehead not knowing how to explain to him.

"Are you saying that you forgive me for those things, but can't forget?" he asked and I turned to stare at him shaking my head in negative.

"Then what are you doing with them, Riddhi?" he asked frowning.

"I am doing nothing with them. Understood? Nothing!" I replied, frowning back at him.

"You asked me my decision and I gave you mine and that's it." I said, feeling irritated for the way he is nearly accusing me for not choosing him.

"What will you do now?" he asked frowning.

"I will enjoy my life and meet someone and will fall in love." I replied honestly.

"Don't you understand, Riddhi? We both can't do that. We are so attached to each other and it is naturally with the time of relation we had and we will never be completely happy with others." He said sitting back on the bench and rubbed his forehead.