Moving

Goodbye Rhode Island, hello Texas.

I walk out the airport doors, mom on my right, dad on my left. I see a taxi cab about 50 feet away, waiting for us.

"There's the cab! Come on Cathy!" My mom squeals.

My mom is very different from me. She wears bright clothes and bright makeup. She's so outgoing and sweet. Honestly, I sometimes get jealous.

Me, on the other hand, wear dark clothes, black eyeliner, and Vans. I'm so shy and independent. I see nothing wrong with that though.

My mom starts to jog to the cab, her heels clapping and her jewelry jingling. My dad and I are waking at our own pace. The driver pops the trunk open and we toss our bags in there. The driver opens the door for me, and I give him an awkward smile. I sit down, pull out my earphones, and put my music on shuffle.

Music is my life, my everything. The first song was Mama by My Chemical Romance. Man I miss them. Never got to see a concert.

All of the sudden, I felt my dad shove me. I pull an earbud out and look at him.

"Why don't you pull out those earbuds of yours and talk to us? Look outside! We'll be at our house in about 30 minutes." He said.

I sighed. "Dad, you understand I can listen to music and look outside, right?"

He gave me a ticked off look. "Whatever. Do what you want."

I put in my earbud, and started to nod my head to the beat.

15 songs later, we arrived to our neighborhood. It was called "Faith Estates." It was a nice neighborhood. Most of the people I saw were elderly. We slowed down as we arrived to a two story house. This was it. My new home.

I hopped out of the car and stared at the house. It was light grey with many windows. The front door was white, and it had a front porch with rocking chairs. I spun around and went to grab my bag. I pulled it out and slowly went up the steps.

My dad followed me and unlocked the door. "Welcome to your new home!"

I took baby steps in. When you first walk in, you see the living room. It has a white fire place and a black couch. There were vases and paintings. On your left, there was a humongous kitchen with an island in the middle. Next to the front door, were the stairs. I ran up those suckers and into my new room. My bed and dresser were already in there. I put my suitcase on the bed and pulled out my clothes and my laptop. I threw my clothes in the dresser and put my laptop on my desk.

"Cathy?" My mom walked in.

I sat on the bed. "Yup?"

She slowly walked in. "Um, you have school tomorrow. You're going to start Cliffside High. You'll have the same type of classes, but, you know, different teachers."

I nodded. New school? Fun.

She sat on my bed. I put my face in my hands.

"Oh sweetie don't get sad!" She lifted my head up and pushed my blonde hair behind my ear. "There's that beautiful face. Everyone's going to love you, I promise."

"Mom, it's just been hard. I had to leave my friends. And I am just so shy."

Mom smiled. "You'll be fine. Now, get ready for bed. I love you!"

"Love you too." I smiled.

I got a shower and put on my pj's. I flopped in bed and closed my eyes, dreaming about tomorrow.