Chapter 6

The day had taken a drastic turn for Jules at work due to Ceaser's unexpected visit. Although she was happy she had finished those files, else it would have been a nightmare going back to it the following week. She wouldn't have been able to sleep without thinking about it if she had left it unfinished.

She thought as she cooked with Ivy in the living room where she could monitor her playing with her dolls. Just then she heard a knock and frowned.

Who could it be?
Andy or Sofi didn't say anything about coming over.

She dropped everything and went to the door to check who it was.

She heard the knock again as she bent to pick Ivy not wanting to leave her alone as she went to the door.

"I'm coming." She called as she headed for the door.

When Jules opened the door, piercing grey eyes captured her brown ones and she felt her heart almost leap out of her chest.

He had the worst timing.

"Dada," Ivy said when she saw who it was. She immediately untangled her arms around Jules and stretched them towards Ceaser.

Traitor.

"Hey." Ceaser stepped in and took Ivy from her. "How are you Munchkin?" He asked her making Ivy grin as a cute giggle left her.

Jules watched as he took her into the living room without even giving her another glance. She felt anger rise within her.

Who did he think he was coming to her house at this time, barging in like he owned the place...and he called her Ivy, Munchkin?

That was her nickname for her girl.

"Well, come on in," Jules said to herself as she slammed the door shut.

Take my daughter. Take my house. What else would you like, your grace?
Jules thought as she went to the living room.

She stopped at the sight before her. Ivy was lying on the couch while Ceaser tickled her. Ivy's laugh was so loud and cute that Jules thought she'd choke and she felt the anger die down and a smile tugged at her lips.

Ceaser acknowledged Jules' presence then. He turned to look at her as he picked Ivy and placed her on his lap.

"Hey," Ceaser said smiling at Jules.

Jules' smile fell.
"For a moment there I thought I became invisible."

"Sorry, I just got caught up with this cutie right here." He said smiling at Ivy.

How in the world would a guy giving her daughter more attention than her make her heart overflow with joy and happiness? It made her more satisfied than the idea of him giving her more attention and neglecting Ivy. Somehow, she found it...annoyingly sexy.

"I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but what are you doing here?"

"I told you I was going to pick you up for dinner." He said eyes on Ivy.

"What?" Jules became confused.

"Dinner." He said, "I came by your office today to ask you to dinner."

Jules went back to earlier in the day to recall when he asked her. Ceaser watched her confusion disappear and turn to something he couldn't place.

Jules remembered but what she didn't remember was him asking. He had told her and she had silently promised that he was going to get it but with the way he had just barged into her house and taken her daughter, she decided just then that she wasn't going.