Chapter 12

Jules ignored Ceaser for the rest of the week and instructed Alice to deny her absence when he showed up at her office. He had called but she had ignored every single one of them and his messages made her want to smash her phone against the wall.

Why aren't you picking my calls?

C'mon Jules, you wanted us to talk.

Jules, what's going on?

Did I do something wrong?

Damn it, Jules, pick up the damn phone!!

The messages kept coming through and she didn't want to read them but her hands kept betraying her. Since she found out that he was in fact her boss, she'd tried to avoid him.

She'd been safe all week and during the weekend, she had ignored the doorbell, the banging and the yelling. She knew she wasn't going to get away with it for long, she'd have to face him sooner or later and she preferred later, much later. Probably when she's fifty.

She hadn't been able to concentrate well since she found out the truth, that stupid kiss kept popping back into her mind and it only made her angrier with herself for not being able to get her mind off it.

Who was she kidding?

It hadn't been popping back into her mind because it never actually left her mind. Now, it was work that was running through her mind which she was grateful for. It reminded her that she had to finish her day's work before she went home. So, she spent seventy-five percent of her time daydreaming about the kiss and the remaining twenty-five on work.

She honestly didn't even know how at the end of the day, she completed her work.

As for Ceaser?

She didn't know and didn't want to know. All she knew was that she got herself into the mess in the first place and she had to get out before things got messier.

She wouldn't have been in a position of being slightly depressed if she had stuck to being a happy single mum without complications.

This is what she gets for trying.

Before she could even let another thought into her mind, someone barged into her office which made her jump in her seat as she stared at the intruder in shock.

Oh goodness, why?
She said much later. Not now.

"I'm sorry Ms. Jenna, I told him you weren't in but..." Jules watched the intruder glare at Alice.

"You're fired." Said the man she had been avoiding for the past couple of days.

"No, she isn't." Jules objected as she stood from her seat. Ceaser turned to look at Jules, rage in his eyes as they pierced through her oh-so-happy soul.

"You!" Ceaser was going out of his mind because of the woman that stood behind her desk so calm and collected it frustrated him because he was the total opposite.

"Alice thank you. I'll take it from here." Jules told her and Alice quietly and quickly made her way out of the office to avoid another wrath from the devil.

Ceaser made his way towards Jules' desk after the door was shut close.

"What can I do for you?" Jules asked in the most professional voice she had at that moment with her heart beating so fast along with her pulse.

"What is going on with you?" He asked loudly.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Jules said in the same professional tone.