Chapter 34

The Vacation was planned to a 'T' and Jules had the rest of the day to pack for the vacation because they were leaving the next day with only enough time in the morning to get her letter approved by HR. But the problem Jules had was what she was supposed to pack for the vacation. Selene had only told her they were going somewhere where the temperature was high. She knew nothing of where they were going and it made her all the more excited and nervous because Ceaser was going with them.

Jules packed for Ivy and herself a medium-sized bag and a duffel bag and her handbag was had important things like hers and Ivy's passport. She got the things into the car and drove off to Andy's and Sofi's.

The next morning, Jules got herself and Ivy ready. She was ready to leave for work when she got a call from Ceaser.

She smiled
"Hey."

"Hey, beautiful." She could hear him smile and he was "Ready to hit the road."

"I am." She said, "But I have a last-minute errand to run."

"Oh?"

"Yea. I have to get my letter to HR. Hopefully, I can explain to them how urgent this is and seeing as I've not taken a day off in 2 years, they should be able to approve it."

"Are you at the office yet?" He asked

"No." She replied. "Just leaving the apartment." Jules said as she tucked the phone between her ear and her shoulder with Ivy in her other hand, she locked the door and walked down the stairs.

"And your things for the trip?"

"In the car." She said

"I want us to leave together so you don't have to worry about your car at the airport."

"Oh, that's right." Jules thought about it for a second as she placed her handbag in the passenger's seat. "How about you meet me at the office parking lot in thirty."

"Okay?" Ceaser was curious as to what her plan was.

"See you there." She said

"Alright."

Jules hung up and got Ivy fastened in her car seat before she rounded the car and drove off to the office.

Jules had dropped Ivy with Andy and went to HR to get her letter approved, she silently prayed they would.

"...I haven't gone on leave in two years and this is urgent, is there any way I can get it approved today."

The guy from HR stared at her like she was crazy as he read through her letter, he looked up at her and at the letter.
"Can I see your work ID?" He asked and she gave it to him "You're Jules Jenna?"

"Yes?"

Her name was in the letter and on her ID. It was pretty obvious.
She thought.

"I'm sorry." He apologized. "Your letter has already been approved."

He hadn't even got up to get it approved by anyone.

"By who?" She asked
You?

He looked at her as he handed her ID card to her
"By the CEO, Mr. Thompson."

What? Ceaser was not even at the office yet.

"How?"

"He called in the hour to approve your letter."

Oh, Ceaser. What am I going to do with you?

Jules nodded.
"Thank you." She said before she left for the second floor to pick up Ivy.

"I'm off." Jules said as she walked up to Andy and Sofi.

"Aww." Sofi said, "We're going to miss you." She said to Ivy and Jules frowned "And you of course."

"I doubt that." Jules joked as her phone rang. "Hey." She answered.

"Your chariot awaits." Ceaser joked and she laughed.

"The princess and her chaperone will be out in a minute." She said referring to Ivy and herself.

"Take your time, I'll wait for you as long as I have to."

Jules heard the meaning behind the words and she smiled.
"Ok." She hung up and met Sofi's and Andy's smiling face "What?"

They shook their heads
"We're just happy for you." Andy said

"I took both your advice and I'm glad I did."

"Good." Sofi said, "Just remember that when you get back."

"Why?"

"So, you won't leave anything out in the details,"

They laughed.

"Anyway..." Jules took out her car keys "...here. You guys should use it while I'm gone."

"Are you serious?" Andy took the key "You're the best." Andy pulled her for a hug then Sofi gave Andy Ivy and hugged her.

"We'll miss you." Sofi said

"Me too." She said "Can't believe I'm doing this. Feels unreal,"

"Wait till you get where you're going and say that because I bet the Thompsons have something great planned."

"I bet they do."

"Oh, we added a few things into your bag before we left for work." Sofi said

"Thank us later. Now, shoo." Andy said, "Call us when you land and then turn your phone off else we're going to call me every second."

"I will." She took Ivy from Andy.

"Bye honey." Sofi and Andy kissed Ivy and she cooed

Jules walked to the elevator and turned to them one last time.
"Say bye Munchkin." Jules held Ivy hand up in a way. "Say bye."

"Byyyyyy-byy." Ivy cooed as Sofi and Andy waved back with a smile. Jules got into the elevator and blew them a kiss before the elevator shut and descended to the underground level.

Jules walked towards her car and found Ceaser leaned against it in casuals. A white plain t-shirt that seemed like it was stuck to his body, jeans and a black leather jacket. She smiled when he turned to her and so did he.

"Your trunk was unlocked." He said

"That was intentional." She said, "Planned on giving my keys to them."

Ceaser knew who 'them' meant.
"Hey." He pulled her into him when she reached him and kissed her head before he picked Ivy from her and kissed her "Hey Munchkin."

Ivy smiled and giggled as he swung her in the air.
"Ready?" He asked as he pulled her into his side

Jules sighed.
"Let's do this."

"That's the spirit." He said as they walked to his car.

"Hello, Patrick." Jules greeted.

"Hello, Ms. Jenna." He said

"Jules, Patrick. Jules."

Patrick looked glanced at Ceaser who gave him a nod before he got into the car and Patrick shut the door.

Ceaser placed Ivy on the car seat between his lap and Jules handed her her favourite toy which was rejected for the zipper on Ceaser's jacket.

Ivy had her mouth in a pout as she concentrated on the zipper. Ceaser took one of Jules' hand and placed it on his lap.

"Did I tell I'm glad you agreed to go on this trip?"

"No, you didn't."

"Well, I am." He lifted her hand and kissed it.

Jules wasn't sure she'd ever been as happy as she was with Ivy and Ceaser at that moment.

They were almost perfect. But why did she feel like this was the calm before the storm? It was like she was waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The question was 'Would it?' and if so 'When?'.