Chapter 20

What did she mean?
Ceaser wondered.

"Everything like what?" He asked.

"You know gossip, distractions, inevitable heartbreak."

That Idiot that broke her heart? Or was there someone else?
What was wrong with him? Why was he getting jealous over someone or something that was in the past? Her past.

Oh yes, he was Jealous.
So what?

"Dada!" Ivy's voice broke through his train of thoughts.

He looked behind them to find his mum near the house. With a smile, he got up and walked towards his mum who held Ivy in her arms. Jules got up and watched the both of them.

"Hey, munchkin." Ceaser took her from his mum.

"Dada." Ivy said again and placed her tiny hands on either side of his face and smiled so hard her eyes crinkled and she blabbered something that sounded like 'Mhiss-hu.'

Ceaser stared at her in awe then looked at Jules who was still watching them with a smile on her face.

How much did he miss when he stayed away?
Ceaser thought.

Ceaser looked back at Ivy who was still smiling
"Miss me?" He asked just to hear her talk again

She bobbed her head up and down
"Jhes." Ivy said, her eyes looked so adorable

"And I missed you too." He kissed her cheeks.

He could have sworn her smile grew wider. If that was even possible.

"Let's have lunch," Selene said.

They all moved to the dining room and sat for their late lunch. After Jules and Selene had set the table, Selene picked Ivy from him and went to sit down, with Ivy on her lap.

Ceaser shook his head.

His mum was already attached to Ivy so very much. He was sure if he tried anything to get her attention, she wouldn't even give him a glimpse.

The only thing which could do the trick was if he said she was going to be a grandma soon. But then again, she'd only go off about how he was irresponsible for not getting married first before getting a random girl pregnant.
Although, he could still tell her that she would soon be the grandmother to the little munchkin in her lap.

Why?
Another voice asked.

Because he was going to make Jules his wife.
He smiled to himself.

This plan of his just became more appealing to him. What he'd do to make it true.
Ceaser focused on the food in front of him.
Soon!

Everything was normal, as normal as it could be except for the hidden smiles Ceaser had been sending her way since they all sat down for lunch which was giving her chills.

"Jules?" Selene called.

"Yes?" She answered

They were all in the living room, the TV was turned on to a cartoon channel. Ivy sat on Selene's lap, eyes glued on the TV, her fixated smile and occasional laughs were what made everyone entertained.

"I was wondering if I could take Ivy out."

Blank.

"I know it's a lot to ask since you've probably never left her with anyone except your friends at the daycare," Eric said.

"No, I haven't," Jules said.

She had gotten to know a lot about the Thompsons after she found out who Ceaser was really was. She had heard about them on ENews, seen their names in the section of the newspaper she never read before, heard more about them from Sofi and Andy. The Thompsons were good people and in the short while she had gotten to know them, she had no doubt the kids in the Orphanage home they owned were lucky.